UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Facilities Update

Patch

I happened to be near the campus today and I stopped by to see how the construction of the new new turf fields were coming along and noticed since the groundbreaking ceremonies nothing additional has been done.

Does anyone think we should be concerned? I thought I had read on this site that the new fields were to be completed by this coming Fall.

Can anyone give us an update on what the perceived hold up is or was I wrong thinking there was to be a Fall completion date?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove by on the fourth. Saw the concrete bases for old hoop and tennis posts dug out. I hear there is some excavation activity going on today, but nothing major yet. Most of the excavation can be done pretty quickly. I'm not sure how long the turf installation takes. No one, I've talked to, is aware of any changes in the schedule.

Thgey installed a turf field at the High School behind my house last summer and it seemed to take from april until august., and that was one field. Plus that also depends on workers and weathers. If no major work has not been done now then I think they;d better hussle. Going by UAlbany's track record for facility upgrades I think we might want to give RPI a call.

Saw the concrete bases for old hoop and tennis posts dug out. I hear there is some excavation activity going on today

Chainlink coming down, fence posts being pulled out by a frontloader/backhoe, work area being fenced/taped off. Looked like a crew of about ten guys (at noon). No major heavy equipment yet.

Announcement on the U website that construction began today.

Albany, N.Y. -- The University at Albany began construction on two all-weather athletics fields on Wednesday, July 6. “John Fallon Field” will be home to the men’s and women’s lacrosse teams, while an adjacent field will be home to women’s field hockey in addition to serving as a multi-use recreational field for UAlbany students. The fields will be located east of University Field.

Edited by UAalum72

St. Francis broke ground on Degol Field to add artificial turf, a track, and lights to the Pine Bowl site. Additional seating and a field house next spring.

This makes University Field by far the oldest football facility in the conference:

Robert Morris, Joe Walton Stadium, 2005

St. Francis, Degol Field, 2005

Stony Brook, LaValle Stadium, 2002

CCSU, Arute Field, renovated 2001

Wagner College Football and Track Stadium, 1998

Sacred Heart, Campus Field, 1993 - more seats and press box in 1997

Monmouth, Kessler Field, 1993

Albany, University Field, 1967 - North bleachers and lights, about 1987

• 2 weeks later...