UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Facilities Update

Patch

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UAlbany Campus can mean the practice field (were Rugby plays) etc...but if its Fallon Field, thats awesome, especially since its Homecoming and Family Weekend. Yea i wonder what type of scoreboard and where the bleechers will be positioned etc...Lights are awesome since i still like the idea of night games.

League rules require artificial turf for the playoffs, and we've played all our home games at Union or Skidmore for two years, so I doubt they'd go to a grass field - another turf is more likely.

Does Fallon Field refer to just the lacrosse field or to the entire complex?

id love to see an update on the site for it...i think this field is gonna be sick when complete and you get fans out to it...i mean its gonna change the face of field hockey and lacrosse like never before...like to see them update the info on the Facilities Page with a finished pic and info on it when its done ( i expect they will)

Spoke to a UA admin today. The field hockey pitch is ready to go, but there are papers to push re access and safety of players and spectators moving thru the construction zone . The posts are up for the scoreboard. The lights should be installed during the next week, but just in case the Syracuse FH game has been changed from 6:00 to 4:00.

Permanent lacrosse seating (2,000 - 2,500) probably won't be built until after next spring season, temporary seats until then.

I went by the fields yesterday. It was interesting to see the difference between the two fields. The turf, assuming it's in it's final form, is quite different on field hockey vs. LAX. The turf is much longer looking on LAX. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Well isn't the lax field really fieldturf? That is basically fake grass with a filler around it instead of dirt or sand (artificial filler). Whereas the field hockey turf should be as close to the old astroturf as they can (I'm sure it's better than the old astroturf, but it should be basically flat carpet).

so i went down to the field today...pretty much its still a construction site. The field looks awesome. But there is still alot needed to be finished. But it looks pretty good.

Are they building a parking lot on the part in between Indian and the field?