UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Facilities Update

Patch

Times-Union story says UA is one of the interested parties in the 8/27 auction for the disposal of Heritage Park - bidding on light poles, bleachers, infield tarp, etc. I wonder if disassembling, transport, and reassembly of the grandstand would cheaper than just buying them new.

Not much visibly accomplished on the field hockey area the past two weeks, but grading and leveling has begun on the lacrosse field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times-Union storysays UA is one of the interested parties in the 8/27 auction for the disposal of Heritage Park - bidding on light poles, bleachers, infield tarp, etc. I wonder if disassembling, transport, and reassembly of the grandstand would cheaper than just buying them new.

If anyone is interested in what all is being auctioned at Heritage Park, you can take a look at the entire inventory here

http://www.auctionsinternational.com/livea...park8-27-05.htm

Anyone need a case or two of Diamond Dog bobbleheads ?

• 3 weeks later...

It appears one of the two turf fields should be completed in less than two weeks, as the turf is going down now. Encouraging to see work on the field being done on a Sunday.

Also there was a question about posts in the picture on this site. Those posts and there are two sets of three posts, one set at each end of the field appear to be for netting behind the goals to keep balls from going over the perimeter fence.

UAalum72-There are big concrete bases for the light poles; the posts in this picture (actually three at each end of the field) are too far apart for scoreboards, and too short and wrongly placed for lights, so I don't know what they are.

I also heard the turf will be going down on the second field immediately after complation of the first. so both field surfaces should be complete before the cold weather sets in.

It appears one of the two turf fields should be completed in less than two weeks, as the turf is going down now. Encouraging to see work on the field being done on a Sunday.

I also heard the turf will be going down on the second field immediately after complation of the first. so both field surfaces should be complete before the cold weather sets in.

9453[/snapback]

As of noon today about half the turf was down. Looks like there's no separate pad, just a half-inch thick green carpet on top of the asphalt. Even if the turf is done, will they want to play there without bleachers and the rest of the construction zone around it?

Lacrosse is still getting gravel, so it'll take at least several more weeks to finish the surface. Usually the ground doesn't freeze here until late November so it should be OK.

Stopped by the campus yesterday and watch Navy abuse our women's soccer team. What's going on in women's soccer we're giving up 4 or 5 goals a game consistently?

I also strolled over to the new fields and noticed that all the turf on the first field is down and about 90% of the perimeter fencing is up. It's going to look great, I would immagine the surface will be lined and ready for play by the beginning of Oct. I would imagine they will have to move some of the temporary bleachers into the area for spectators.

The workers are moving quickly on the second field also. second field

I stopped by the Campus early this morning and saw that they are moving at a good pace on both fields.

It appeared they had the perimeter of one turf field lined out in white and had 5 or 6 people actively working on the field. I'm sure it will be ready for use Homecoming Weekend.

Of course the bleachers will not be in but I am sure there are enough portable bleachers that can be relocated to seat fans.

The second field has been graveled, rolled and leveled and appears ready for the turfs under surface. It will definately be done before the real cold weather sets in.

Besides being very functional I think it will add to the Campus appearance and enhance recruiting as our facilities will be DI.

Lets get something done for the Football area (Ford Stadium???).

Today, installing solid dasher boards below the chainlink behind the FH end lines; raising the net behind the goal; lines have been painted; lights have been delivered in boxes, one of the four sets of lights has been assembled with its pole on the ground.

Turf around Fallon Field is lighter in color than the playing surface (or it hasn't been brushed yet), rollers still on the field. The lax team was hanging around outside the RACC.

Still no sign of the scoreboards or bleachers.