UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Non-Conference

Also games against Vermont, UNH and BU might qualify Harvard for associate America East membership next year.

They were actually decent last year with an RPI right around ours and I think beat Northeastern. I usually like an Ivy home during the year. Yale and Harvard have drawn their own alumni to these games the past few years which always helps.

So far that's:

Siena

Harvard

UCLA

San Diego State

The Coaches vs. Cancer game

When configuring a Non Conference schedule you can't go out and get all teams that are suppose to beat you.

Remember UA has never had a winning record at the DI level and having 2 games in the Coaches vs Cancer and two games on the West Coast (San Diego St and UCLA) puts the team and the Coach in a precarious situation to start a season which is expected to be our first successful year. Whatever confidence this team has developed could be drained before December.

A few thoughts:

1. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the two Coaches vs Cancer games are exempt, and we can play 27 on top of those. Also, with the defection of Northeastern, we have two less league game and so two more OOC spots to fill. Given the Coaches vs Cancer, West Coast, probable Big East and Siena games, I have no problem with the remaining 7 OOC games being against Ivy, NEC and Patriot teams. I especially like competing against Ivy and Patriot teams, because the schools all have name recognition and when the move to D-1 was first pitched to the faculty senate (or whatever it's called) the pitch was that the University would, over the long haul, acquire a more competative student base if athletic competition was against recognizable scholastic foes.

2. I agree with Patch's point. If we had an established period of success (similar to Vermont or Boston U the past years) it would be different. While I'm not making the comparison, one needs only to look at Siena's scheduling last year. They began with three games in the BCA, then played their hometown rival and Syracuse, the end result being an 0-5 start that they could never recover from; the fan base became antagonistic to the Coach and we all know what happened by biting off more than they could chew in an early schedule. Again, I'm not making the comparison primarily because they entered with a lot of freshmen guards and we will enter this season with the most mature team in our D-1 history. What I mean by this is that a lot of our older players are chronologically a year older than their grade due to redshirt years, transfer years or prep school years.