UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gary Jones and Pro Football

Unfortunately, I think Gary is just too small to get any sniff from the NFL. They like their backs big, for the most part. NFL Scouts came around for Phillis a couple of years ago, but then he got the back (?) problems and was never heard from again. NFL also scouted that WR from Sacred Heart who had played at I-A and transferred down.

If Gary chooses to go on to play professionally, even if he can't get into Canada he could be a good Arena player. There are just a LOT of good football players out there, and it takes a good agent to really get noticed a lot of the time (everyone around the country has "numbers", so it's getting the in-person that counts).

Gary has the speed and size to be a third down back in the NFL...he will get in someones camp that is for sure. Matt Caliandro would have made the Titans but for a back injury. Phillis was looked at, as was Dan Gmelin (caught Ryan leaf's first San Diego TD pass). Scott Turin was in the Browns camp for tryouts. Gary is much better than all the above. My guess...>World League and AFL.

I think both Danes (Pound and 96) can rule out Gribulis ... considering he was at UAlbany and left for HVCC ... as soon as you posted that, I knew I recognized the name, but I couldn't figure out where ... searched the Internet and found the following:

http://www.albany.edu/sports/mens/baseball...l/2002stats.htm

http://www.statsoverload.com/football/coll...ster_posi.shtml

So a.) that tells me something wasn't right with him to begin with

and

b.) I don't know what the rules are about transferring down a level and back up again, let alone to the same school

As for Jones, I really don't think he'll make it in the NFL ... think about all the great backs that weren't able to cut it. Remember Ken Simonton, from Ohio State? He JUST got activated by the Bills, I saw it in transactions the other day and looked it up to see if it was the same Simonton. He lit NFL Europe on fire last year, and he doesn't make the active roster til this week?

Jones might get into a camp, and maybe then see Europe or Canada, but I don't think he can make a team - especially not until he proves himself at another level.

I am almost postive you can transfer back up...no problems between JC and NCAA I schools. As for Jones, i agree...he will get into a camp and may make it as a practice squader for the first year...but that is a long shot...best bet is Europe....and definatley CFL