UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Oops. I guess it was really 8 points, not 6.

Still, the principle's the same.

10388[/snapback]

Agreed.

Here is what I see shaping up:

1- The backs are good....but OMAR will get the carries next year.

2- Hall has found his rhythm. Looks good for next year and Boncenegra looks like a serious SE threat.

3- The defense will be fine.

Number one priority....getting thess guys together, in the off season, to become more acquainted with one another. A young team needs to grow....together in order to perform flawlessly.

The biggest off season necessity.....A KICKER. For goodness sakes....you have so many kickers to choose from. This has been nothing short of an embarrassment for the past few years. WE NEED A STUD....and those could be had at this level.

This team should be very good next year.

Edited by Dane96

The lack of a kicker and costly T/O's this season cost Albany a share or the outright title. I am disappointed beyond belief. The kid missed a 26 yrd FG on with 5 minutes to go (it was the same kid who missed the PAT against CCSU!)Saturday that woulod have changed the course of the season. UN-F*#*#en believable!

For those intrested Ford and McElroy is holding a dinner for former players at the NYAC in Manhattan this Friday Nov 18thy. For details contact the football office.

The biggest off season necessity.....A KICKER. For goodness sakes....you have so many kickers to choose from. This has been nothing short of an embarrassment for the past few years. WE NEED A STUD....and those could be had at this level.

To my rather untrained eye, as seen at the home games, there was as much trouble with getting a good snap and hold as there was with the actual kicking.

Is center considered a "skill" position ? If not, it should be :o

The biggest off season necessity.....A KICKER.  For goodness sakes....you have so many kickers to choose from.  This has been nothing short of an embarrassment for the past few years.  WE NEED A STUD....and those could be had at this level.

To my rather untrained eye, as seen at the home games, there was as much trouble with getting a good snap and hold as there was with the actual kicking.

Is center considered a "skill" position ?  If not, it should be :o

10392[/snapback]

Yes, it is a skill position for a LONG SNAPPER. A good friend of mine from law school (and one of the ACCUSED IN THE BETTING SCANDAL) was the BC longsnapper, earning a scholarship for his final two years. The kid was a TE who learned to long snap. He got so good he was almost picked up by the PATS while in law school. A good long snapper I believe can get the ball to the punter/holder in like 1.3 secs or something.

Someone should be training right now for next year.

My cousin is the longsnapper for Tennessee Tech. He is starting RG, but is the specific long snapper. Snaps the ball 15 yards in 1.55 seconds...got looked at by Notre Dame, Tennessee, Marshall, and Carson-Newman (top D III ftball school) and was actually the Top Long Snapper in the State of Tennessee two years ago going from HS to College.

Took Tennessee Tech for financial reasons etc...

But guy at a Notre Dame Camp during one summer told him if he builds muscle and continues to snap that good, thats NFL potential. So by all means, its a skill position.

If your a Giants fan and you remember tha flap against the 49ers in the playoffs, you know how key a snapper is...hahaha