UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Today's TU story

This Jamar saga is becoming quite a tease. I say you sit him for two more weeks regardless of his current status and you have him return to practice after the Lehigh game. That gives him about five days of practice to test it one final time before the UMass game, the cut-off date to make a decision about a possible medical redshirt.

To be honest, my gut feeling is to redshirt here. I don't want to watch him gimp around the entire season.

Yeah, well maybe if they built it right the first time, we wouldn't be having our players walk around our facility appearing as if they are suffering from lower-body arthritis at the ages of 18-22.

Is my memory failing me, or did UA teams not have the number or types of injuries back in the D-III and D-II days when they played on the same floor ? Or is it not the same floor ?

Maybe someday we will be in a situation where an alum would read this post and in turn, decide, "Hey, I'll donate $150,000 to the basketball programs to buy a new hardwood floor." I realize this will probably never happen in my lifetime. However, if someone did that, the athletic dept. should name the floor after them and give them a number of other perks.

We absolutely had a ton of leg injuries. Every single player suffered from some sort of injury from soreness to ACL's. This floor has been miserable since its inception. Play on it for an hour a few times a week for a month. I guarantee your back will start to hurt. People dont realize that most back injuries can be attributed to leg problems. My knees/ankles are shot from plain old p/u games alone on that floor! It is g-d awful!

UA could purchase a final four floor...they sell them every year!!!