UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On ESPN tonight

UALBANY'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM FEATURED ON ESPNU's PRIDE OF THE PROGRAM TONIGHT

Bristol, Conn. -- UAlbany's basketball program will be featured this evening (Nov. 17) on ESPNU's Pride of the Program segment celebrating an historic moment from each of the 326 Division I programs. UAlbany's legendary coach Richard "Doc" Sauers will be the subject of tonight's 30-second vignette, which is scheduled to air on ESPN's College Game Update between the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic doubleheader from Madison Square Garden (approx. 9:00 p.m.). Florida meets Wake Forest in the first game at 7:00 p.m., and is followed by Syracuse-Texas Tech.

Sauers is one of the winningest coaches in the history of college basketball with 702 victories. He led the program to eleven NCAA and four NAIA post-season tournament appearances. In 1993-94, UAlbany set a school record with a 25-3 mark and reached the Division III East Sectional final. The Great Danes also qualified for the ECAC playoffs seven times and won a pair of championships in 1978 and 1989. Sauers, who retired in March 1997, has a 702-330 record in 41 seasons.

This is unbelievable:

I was in a restaurant in Sacramento. There was a television on in the bar. From my seat in the restaurant I was keeping an eye on the beginning of the Texas Tech - Syracuse game.

Then............I was certain I was looking at Doc on the television screen! Then I saw the Albany logo. What a bizarre feeling because there was no sound. I had no idea what was going on.

Unbelievable. A tribute to the classiest guy to ever walk the sidelines. We, the Danes, are on our way.

Indian91 - Thanks for supplying the info.

Anytime a program, one of its players and/or its coach is mentioned on National TV in a positive light it is good for the university.

This could possibly be the first time all three were done in one statement in regards to UA Hoops.

I think he was tryint to say "D I C K I E  V" for sienafan Vitale. I'm assuming the board setting just wouldn't allow that word, although in the wrong context of course..lol.

10440[/snapback]

Thanks for your explanation, GODANESGO. It makes sense.

10441[/snapback]

Yup, that's me being a cryptofacist. Certain anatomical parts and profanities get subsituted with "siena" or "sienafan." Usually kind of fun but occaisional certain names like Vitale's first name get caught in the filter.

I wish I would have watched the Syracuse game now. I saw the first one they did for Alabama A+M's biggest moment. I was wondering what they would have picked for Albany's. I assumed it would be the biggest DI moment-maybe the win over Vermont at the BPG a few years ago.

BTW either Florida is better than advertised or Wake Forest isn't #18 in the country. The Gators looked pretty good last night and no wonder we had trouble with their front court. They're big and athletic and deep.