UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford replay on now

I'm watching to hear McElroy - alum73

Damian Andrew: "Let's talk about the football program.  Proposed stadium in the works.  What's the latest on that?"
Dr. Lee McElroy: "We are looking at putting together a steering committee.  We've already got a fund raising plan, and the issue as soon as we finish our lacrosse stadium is to start turning ground, probably in '07,  and we're very excited about it.  We've got a lot of support from across the community, a lot of alumni involved.  It is a very exciting time."

get out your wallets for a contribution ... it would be great if this gets done

Thanks for the exact quote, better than my memory.

The Master Plan display in the RACC lobby says it will have seating for 14,000 (I assume that includes the second deck on the home side, which they may start without) and a total capacity of 24,000 (seating on grassy areas in the end zones, and possibly a second deck on the visitors' side, far in the future)

Thanks for the exact quote, better than my memory.

The Master Plan display in the RACC lobby says it will have seating for 14,000 (I assume that includes the second deck on the home side, which they may start without) and a total capacity of 24,000 (seating on grassy areas in the end zones, and possibly a second deck on the visitors' side, far in the future)

11031[/snapback]

I have yet to make a donation to the school (hey, I am poor with three levels of student loans) however because of this announcement...my tax refund is going to the school.

This announcement speaks volumes about, as Patch put it, the ENTIRE DEPARTMENT. I think people are starting to realize thinking BIG works. It gets people amped up. Large, and top-notch, facilities give the school a big-time feel. It will help recruiting in every sport if athletes see a 14,000 seat stadium. I know I almost (actually did sign) with Buffalo simply because of the entire facility portfolio of the school.

I also would like to eat crow; President Hall is a little more pro-sports than some of us first believed. He is a coy fella'.

When went D-1 a few years ago I looked at Hofstra as a future blueprint for a fairly quick successful transition. Granted they are a private school but they are similar size and started out in the same conference.

They were successful in their first seven years (D-1 in 1993) in the AE and then after stumbling a bit when they joined the CAA are having sucess there as well. I think they're a top 100 team in hoop this year and have a good 1-AA football program as well as lacrosse.

Not saying I want a carbon copy of what they'd done but if we are where they are 12 years after upgrading I'd be pretty happy. Coincidently they built a new stadium in their ninth or tenth year, about where we'd be if it's started in 07.

Here's a photo

sports_ath_shuartstadium05picture.jpg