UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruit Update

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool to see Yocum there, I hope he enjoyed his time in Bingo. And while I didn't have a ruler with me, he's about as 6'9" as they come. When I first saw him, I was wondering if it was Gifford because of his height. Anways, he's mentioned in an si.com article about his 2 "other" DI teammates at Episcopal...

Brotherly Love

"The team has a third Division I recruit in 6-9 center Mike Yocum (Albany), but the other members of the admittedly thin squad are generally more skilled at sports such as baseball and lacrosse..."

I saw Yocum sitting behind the Albany bench. I've been impressed with the number of game he's attended this season and his enthusiasum. He stood up to applaud pretty much every time the team came over to the bench for a timeout and whenever a sub came over. Great to see a guy so visibly excited about becoming a Great Dane.

Sounds like Reid Anderson is playing well as his team goes deeper into the Ohio state playoffs. Eagles Seize Control Early, Roust Rams-Cleveland Plain Dealer

I also thought this post about him was funny. From a Cleveland area message board:

*Reid Anderson is the man! He's got handles, got height, can shoot, can rebound, can defend...... wait... what the heck can't he do! Maybe he can't guard Shaq!

*Roe - my jaw is still dropped! The kid stole the ball twice in a row and ran the length of the floor both times with the speed and handles of a point guard!

Idk much about Ohio sports but Anderson seems like a real steal for us. Hey seems like the sort of person who can do the big and little things to make a team win. Sounds like someone else on our current roster, perhaps he is a good fit to replace Levi.

Does anyone know if Brown has been our recruiting for the fifth schol? I know he was at the Ain't arena last night for AHS and CBA.

In my opinion I think he will hold out and use the scholarship next year. He already has a solid class coming in (4 guys), and if he uses it this year then it won’t be available next year. Next year we only have two guys graduating so he’ll need that 3rd scholarship to bring in a solid class. That way there is more balance from year to year, with guys coming and going.

Its hard to say, I think our biggest need is another pg who can back up Lillis. Looking at our history most signing's in the spring are JUCO. But who knows, we still have alot of depth and Wilson has grown into a decent point guard.

BTW did Courtny or Kiel ever transfer from UA?

I think most of the info on scout.com is pretty old. The last thing I saw was they were interested to some degree in a Juco small forward from Arizona but that was a while ago too. I can tell you one thing, the recent media attention has got to help recruiting. Maybe help bring in another good recruit during the spring signing period.

I think with Lillis and Wilson & Iati able to give us minutes at the point.

I would like to see a 6'6"/6'7" athletic foward who is a bigtime athletic rebounder and a slasher can take it strong to the hoop from the perimeter.

That's asking alot but with our recent surge - UA may be more attractive than in the past.

I would like to see a 6'6"/6'7" athletic foward who is a bigtime athletic rebounder and a slasher can take it strong to the hoop from the perimeter.

That's asking alot but with our recent surge - UA may be more attractive than in the past.

12585[/snapback]

I would honestly hold it. If you bring in 5 guys in one year most of them will probably sit. In four years you’ll have 5 guys leaving your program, this would create a huge void. I like the thought of bringing in a number of quality players year in and year out. Every year 3 or 4 guys, that way the scholarship isn’t wasted sitting on the bench for 2 or 3 years.

12585[/snapback]

I would honestly hold it. If you bring in 5 guys in one year most of them will probably sit. In four years you’ll have 5 guys leaving your program, this would create a huge void. I like the thought of bringing in a number of quality players year in and year out. Every year 3 or 4 guys, that way the scholarship isn’t wasted sitting on the bench for 2 or 3 years.

12586[/snapback]

Edit....unless they can get a real stud. Don't get me wrong, they should still look and see whats available.

Its hard to say, I think our biggest need is another pg who can back up Lillis.  Looking at our history most signing's in the spring are JUCO.  But who knows, we still have alot of depth and Wilson has grown into a decent point guard. 

BTW did Courtny or Kiel ever transfer from UA?

12582[/snapback]

That's actually a good question. What happened to Graham? He was a Juco transfer 6'9 220, I never seen him or heard anything about him since he was anounced as signed for this upcoming season. He was with the team when they played UCLA and then fell off the face of the earth.