UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont Game

I was just wondering if crowd for Vermont game brings in less than 3,000 fans would it be considered a disappointment? I know they don't have the same stud team from last year but still took us at their place. My opinion would be anything less than 2,500 would be a real shame & feel the program needs to start playing some games at Pepsi Arena to build local fan base as students seem indifferent as a whole.

I was just wondering if crowd for Vermont game brings in less than 3,000 fans would it be considered a disappointment?  I know they don't have the same stud team from last year but still took us at their place.  My opinion would be anything less than 2,500 would be a real shame & feel the program needs to start playing some games at Pepsi Arena to build local fan base as students seem indifferent as a whole.

11749[/snapback]

We're probably going to have a low (between semester break type) student turn-out unfortunately. Monday is the first day of our weeklong winter break, the first break so far this semester. And I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the regular dorms close during the break. Works out well for me actually because I usually have class on Monday night and wouldn't normally be able to make the game. Hopefully some students will try to make some plans to still get to the game. I think community turn-out will be pretty good because anyone who was at/saw the BPG game and wanted to come to another, only have this home game left. I'm guessing a crowd of 2,500 or so.

Winter break starts next weekend so there won't be any students at the UVM game anyway. The only thing that might help attendance is if UVM brings 3-400 like last year.

Very few D-I colleges depend on students for the majority of their basketball attendance

No point in playing at the Pepsi unless there's a 'name' opponent that would justify the extra seating. Get to the NCAAs a couple of times, that might turn the area's fans around - they're frontrunners.

I think we should get around 2500 with it being mid-winter break. I echo the sentiments that the Pepsi is not the answer. I far prefer campus arenas to city arenas, and the RACC is a pretty good home for the Danes. The atmosphere is more intimate and far less NBAish, if that makes any sense.

I'd even go so far as to say I'd rather see the Danes play a big-name opponent in the RACC than the Pepsi, though that would probably never happen.

For UA to get more fans, increased marketing could help, but multiple winning seasons and NCAA appearances are going to go much further in getting people to show up, students and otherwise.

S$

It has already been mentioned on another thread that we the fans show our appreciation to the seniors in their final REGULAR season game next Monday. I'd like to suggest that all who are present at the game also demonstrate in some way our support for Coach Brown. That could include posters but perhaps a standing ovation when he is announced prior to the game or when he first comes out of the locker as the players are warming up - or better yet, at both times. Since Dr. McElroy always sits in the far left stands behind the Albany bench and about half way up, take the opportunity to tactfully state your support for Will.

It has already been mentioned on another thread that we the fans show our appreciation to the seniors in their final REGULAR season game next Monday.  I'd like to suggest that all who are present at the game also demonstrate in some way our support for Coach Brown.  That could include posters but perhaps a standing ovation when he is announced prior to the game or when he first comes out of the locker as the players are warming up - or better yet, at both times.  Since Dr. McElroy always sits in the far left stands behind the Albany bench and about half way up, take the opportunity to tactfully state your support for Will.

11816[/snapback]

I second that. Any thoughts for the sign? Like a "4 More Years" or something nice and to the point like "Sign Coach Brown." I have little shame with signs, so feel free to suggest anything..lol.

Those are good ideas for signs. I'm never good at this kind of thing but maybe "Coach Brown and UAlbany, A Perfect Match" or, if it didn't have the negative connotations of Hurricane Katrina and FEMA, "Brownie, you're doing a helluva job!" Nah, skip that one. "Coach Brown! For the long run!"

Do you have some thoughts on how to coordinate a standing ovation for Will? If cheerleaders are going to be around perhaps coordinate something with them.