UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

IATI ROW

Munir, Iati Honored in Men's Basketball

Senior D.J. Munir (Providence, R.I./Bishop Hendricken/Bridgton Academy) of Stony Brook and Jon Iati (York, Pa./York Catholic) of Albany are the America East Player and Rookie of the Week, respectively. The awards were announced Monday (December 15).

Munir led the Seawolves to two road wins (Army and Hofstra) last week. The 6-3 guard broke out of an early-season shooting slump (13-of-48, .271) by connecting on 11-of-18 shots, including 3-of-7 behind the arc in a 69-44 win at Army Thursday. He finished with a game-high 26 points and five rebounds as the Seawolves ended a three-game losing streak. He followed that by scoring a game-high 27 points, including 20 in the second half, in a 70-69 win at Hofstra Saturday. His three-pointer with 2:07 left provided the final margin.

Iati won the honor for the second-straight week. The 5-9 guard scored 17 points and added three assists and two steals in a 78-65 loss at Long Island Wednesday. Iati leads America East’s rookies and ranks seventh among all players with 14.4 ppg.

Alicia Learn also had 7 blocks on Saturday. On one possession in the first half, she blocked a shot, the ball was recovered by a CSU player, who passed it to the player she was guarding and she blocked a second shot on the same possession. All 200 of us in attendance were very excited.

"Congratulations to Learn - POW and Iati - ROW"

Alicia has really been playing super and truly deserves recognition for her efforts. It seems that she has improved in every area of play from last year.

John has been struggling - of course he has been forced to carry a bigger offensive load than first expected.

It's kind of interesting that a kid can be struggling and still be ROW for the second consecutive week. I am very interested to see him play when he's just asked to transport the ball, hit the open three and knock down foul shots.

I don't know if Iati is concerned with his shoulder but he has to get more physical and he has to step inside the free throw line and grab some of the long rebounds he has had a tendecy to avoid congested areas and contact.

DaneFan2K3 - (1) I was not making fun of you (2) I did not count the fans in attendance and (3) I used the number 200 in my post because I was too lazy to go to the box score and read the exact number. I actually think 275 is pretty accurate. There were probably 50 or so CSU fans as they had a senior from New Hartford who had a lot of people cheering for her in introductions.

Does anyone know exactly how many season ticket holders we have? I am certain that unused season tickets were not counted in the 275 figure.

The reasons I disagreed with you on the attendance at the Army game were that while I understand your methodology of visualizing whether everyone could fit on one side, I just disagree that everyone there that night could have fit on one side (it just looked like more to me), and there were students coming and going, even at half time, so that a portion of the students there in the second half were not the same as those there in the first half. Additionally, with children (and there seemed to be more than usual) they tend to run around, be in the lobby or on the walkway above the seating, causing them and their parents to rarely be seated.

Personally, I'll be shocked if we get over 1000 for the Sacred Heart game. No students, last shopping weekend when the two previous weekends have had snowstorms and NFL on TV.

DaneFan2K3

It should be a great seller because due to discrepancies in the admission count totals alot of people seem to out of their seats doing something other than watching Basketball or they are totally MIA.

Maybe UA and many other DI programs will by a copy so they can get their figures straight. Siena had 5,000+ during a snow storm many were disguised as empty seats, when counting you must look very closely!

Have a great Holiday season, don't let work on your book take the enjoyment out of the Holiday Season, 2004 is just a couple of weeks away.