UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Today's news

Although mentioning that it's a reminder of how little UAlbany has accomplished so far in Division I, the T-U talks to Doc Sauers and some of the players from the days when 18 wins was considered an 'average' season, not a reason for celebration.

UAlbany's success links to proud history

1,000 tickets are free

Bob Weiner has a good article on the Gazette's Sports section front page entitled "UAlbany getting early dose of March Madness" I just want to post a couple of Dr. McElroy's comments:

At one point he is talking about being patient, building a program and recruiting good character student-athletes and goes on to say: "Remember that two years ago, we were 5-23. Now, we're setting all kinds of records. It can only get better. This is a tribute to Coach Brown, to his staff, and to the kids"

Toward the end, talking about being on ESPN: "Millions of people will be watching us. There is no question about it. Those people, too, will get an appreciation of what Coach Brown has done with this program. I've had plenty of success in my career, and I've been fortunate. But I'm happier for Coach Brown and the kids."

Bob Weiner has a good article on the Gazette's Sports section front page entitled "UAlbany getting early dose of March Madness"  I just want to post a couple of Dr. McElroy's comments:

At one point he is talking about being patient, building a program and recruiting good character student-athletes and goes on to say: "Remember that two years ago, we were 5-23.  Now, we're setting all kinds of records.  It can only get better.  This is a tribute to Coach Brown, to his staff, and to the kids"

Toward the end, talking about being on ESPN: "Millions of people will be watching us.  There is no question about it. Those people, too, will get an appreciation of what Coach Brown has done with this program.  I've had plenty of success in my career, and I've been fortunate.  But I'm happier for Coach Brown and the kids."

12512[/snapback]

I would bet any amount of $$$ that a contract has already been negotiated and signed and they are simply waiting either from Board of Regents approval or simply for the end of the season to announce it.

Can you say CHA CHING for Coach!!!! Both parties gambled and the house lost....but really won!!

Bob Weiner has a good article on the Gazette's Sports section front page entitled "UAlbany getting early dose of March Madness"  I just want to post a couple of Dr. McElroy's comments:

At one point he is talking about being patient, building a program and recruiting good character student-athletes and goes on to say: "Remember that two years ago, we were 5-23.  Now, we're setting all kinds of records.  It can only get better.  This is a tribute to Coach Brown, to his staff, and to the kids"

Toward the end, talking about being on ESPN: "Millions of people will be watching us.  There is no question about it. Those people, too, will get an appreciation of what Coach Brown has done with this program.  I've had plenty of success in my career, and I've been fortunate.  But I'm happier for Coach Brown and the kids."

12512[/snapback]

I would bet any amount of $$$ that a contract has already been negotiated and signed and they are simply waiting either from Board of Regents approval or simply for the end of the season to announce it.

Can you say CHA CHING for Coach!!!! Both parties gambled and the house lost....but really won!!

12515[/snapback]

OH Man how I wish it to be so!!!!!!

12512[/snapback]

12515[/snapback]

I'm not sure if Cha Ching is really worth writing. The season we're having was expected of coach. Don't get me wrong he has done a great job with this program ever since taking over midway through the season a couple years ago. I just don't think the numbers will blow you away.

12512[/snapback]

12515[/snapback]

I'm not sure if Cha Ching is really worth writing. The season we're having was expected of coach. Don't get me wrong he has done a great job with this program ever since taking over midway through the season a couple years ago. I just don't think the numbers will blow you away.

12519[/snapback]

Well, Brown was making in the 75-90k range. Marcachuk was making 225...beyond silly. I would bet McElroy, to keep Brown from looking, probably will give him somewhere in the range of 120 a year, plus incentives. I would think 120k a year in Albany is BEYOND CHA CHING.

I make less than that and if I didnt have my student loan, I would be living quite a comfertable life in Boston. 120k a year in Albany is like 150 in Boston...easily.

We have a classy group of guys on the team right now and what they are building for this program is going to do wonders. They will be able to look forward to coming back for many more championship appearaces. It stems right down from the coaches and the addition of Coach Eaton and Coach Filien(3 NCAA appearances with UVM) have been a great addition to Coach Brown's staff. Coach Brown has put together a great team through good recruiting and has a great class coming in and must be commeneded for his efforts, which he has been. I cant wait to see what is to come for the program.

Andy Goodemote, who played for Sauers in 1987-90, is quoted at the end of the TU article. It mentions that he is now the head coach at Utica College. I checked their website and they're going to the DIII Sweet Sixteen this Friday. They have a tough opponent in nationally-ranked St. John Fisher, which has already defeated Utica three times this year. Good luck Andy!

P.S. Hi Hep.