UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

In the other string about the board pub I forgot to mention Alpha Pi Alpha. They also have a website and have linked to the board. They also have some photos from the 50's, 60's and 70's on their site. Most of them are of their fraternity members but there are some sports photos (like the one below, quite a crowd too) as well that people who've followed the program for a while may appreciate. Here's the link.

1972.jpg

UAalum72 - I think your second post is correct. As I recall, Steve Mulderry wore uniform 00. This picture looks like Dave Welchons, who was an APA brother and class of '73, to me. Also, it looks like you, a little to the left of Welchons' wrist.

Edited by statefan

Thank you, Dane Pound, for noting the link to the Alpha Pi Alpha website. This local fraternity is now defunct but it had a notable run at UAlbany from 1952 to 1979. The photograph is of Dave Welchons shooting. This is something he rarely did as a player. Other APA members of that team were Werner Kolln and Tim Minnehan. Other items of interest on that website include images on the History Page, including the entire 1969 NCAA Division III basketball program, the original 1977 TU article by Bill Heller and a copy of a ticket from that particular Siena game. The Trivia Page notes that the two most reknown APA hoopsters were Dick Crossett'64 and Rich Margison'69.

Welcome to the board APA73! Actually I wanted to thank you guys for linking to our page. I posted on your forum about our board a while ago and was happy to see you've created a link. If you go to the main page of this board and go to Danes history you'll see the TU article from the Albany-$iena game in 1977.

Here's the picture from 1969 you mentioned.

ncaa69g.jpg

Thank you again. The photo of the 1969 team is a classic. This is the team that has been more successful in NCAA tournament play than any Albany cagers to date. We continue to hope that the new era of Great Dane basketball does it at the D1 level. By the way, the members of Alpha Pi Alpha in that photo include Rich "Bambi" Margison, Ed "Hulk" Arseneau, Les "Duck" Newmark and Jim Sandy. I believe that both Jack Adams and Jack Jordan were in Potter Club.