UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UConn

Not for nothing here fellas but I was just thinking about this one...

UConn is just antother state school and we beat a bunch of state schools in the Northeast this year.

New Hampshire

Maine

UMBC

Stony Crook

Binghamton (even though they will not admit to being a state school)

Let's put the icing on the cake and kick some Constitution State ass.

Why can't we open a can of Capitol District Whoop-Ass on another state school?

Food for thought... (or fuel for victory)

I'm down with Brown on this one. Let's go to win!

SSS

UConn is just antother state school and we beat a bunch of state schools in the Northeast this year.

New Hampshire

Maine

UMBC

Stony Crook

I'm down with Brown on this one.  Let's go to win!

SSS

13141[/snapback]

With all due respect, UCONN is no New Hampshire, Main, UMBC, Stony Brook or Bing. They shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same sentence. There is no comparison! With that being said, we shouldn't just roll over. Let's give them hell!

Edited by bosiydid

New Hampshire

Maine

UMBC

Stony Crook

I'm down with Brown on this one.  Let's go to win!

SSS

13141[/snapback]

With all due respect, UCONN is no New Hampshire, Main, UMBC, Stony Brook or Bing. They shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same sentence. There is no comparison! With that being said, we shouldn't just roll over. Let's give them hell!

13142[/snapback]

Tell you what. UConn is just another team. Press em full court and hit your threes and you can give them a game. Make them run, they will be taken us for granted.

Haggy-

Of course I know that but if we can change the attitude and start thinking of them as 'just another state school' and not the doom and gloom of a sextillion to one to go all the way it's half the battle.

Statistically speaking someday a #16 seed will unseat a #1.

Stealing from old NY Lottery commercials "You gotta be in it to win it".

The "in it" starts with an attitude.

Just being overly motivational.

sss

Haggy-

Of course I know that but if we can change the attitude and start thinking of them as 'just another state school' and not the doom and gloom of a sextillion to one to go all the way it's half the battle.

sss

13144[/snapback]

I didn't realize that I was involved in this thread, but since I have been mentioned I should point out that the odds were included in a different thread as a bit of a "Well, isn't that nice" moment.

As for UConn, they are the team with all the recent hype, but they do have a tendency to be complacent. After a difficult Big East schedule, including a first round tournament loss, they could be susceptible to as team (Albany) that is more team oriented, and incredibly well coached.....

I'll be hammering the point spread, but probably not the money line (even though a win would be awesome).

Haggy-

sss

13144[/snapback]

I didn't realize that I was involved in this thread, but since I have been mentioned I should point out that the odds were included in a different thread as a bit of a "Well, isn't that nice" moment.

As for UConn, they are the team with all the recent hype, but they do have a tendency to be complacent. After a difficult Big East schedule, including a first round tournament loss, they could be susceptible to as team (Albany) that is more team oriented, and incredibly well coached.....

I'll be hammering the point spread, but probably not the money line (even though a win would be awesome).

13152[/snapback]

Ok, I'm a moron and I am reading too many threads and I got mixed up I was actually replying to boisy and was reading a haggy thread.....

I guess I would have failed the moronic campus quiz about Albany basketball...

Sorry guys you have to give a fat kid a break this week I'm so pumped, can't wait for Friday!

Haggy- I owe you one with whiz and sauce (speaking of fat) in Philly for incorrectly IDing you in my post.

sss (which means super, sauced, steaks this week and not the other thing)

Nice to see you guys with some excitement!

I have to agree with several points on here, first that we are not " just another state school ". Sorry cant agree with that sentiment.

Another poster said lets not roll over. Agreed, especially with this Uconn team. Look at the ND game we played. They gave us everything they had for 45 min and we barely beat them.

Stick around with this team and they give you chances. At least thats the way they played this season. Seems as though they wanted to just get to this point all year, at least with their play. So now that we are here we shall see if they can " turn it on".

TW, arent you a BC poster as well?