UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Zoellner Article

Todays T-U: Zoellner is happy to be back in the tournament.

I suppose he's worked hard to become better, but a school like Boston College does not ever let a 7-1 guy escape if there is even a speck of potential at all. BC had to consider him below 'project' level.

Without questioning his character and effort, my observation has been that he does little more than 'take up space' - which is how several have described his most valuable attribute. He is slower than the speed of a game, he has difficulty handling passes or passing, he does not grab rebounds that hit his hands, he is often out of position to get rebounds, he has a bad sense of where he should be and where everyone else is, and he does not seem to communicate well verbally or silently, as five guys on the court must do.

To predict that he can not compete with the CT big men is not a valid criticism because very few can. I think though, that our best minutes will come tomorrow night with Zoellner on the bench.

I think though, that our best minutes will come tomorrow night with Zoellner on the bench.

13182[/snapback]

I have to agree we already know that we are smaller then UConn just check the stat sheet, one of the only chances we have is to out hustle and out run them, our team loves to run and with Big Z on the court it makes it a little harder.

Without sound too much like a great, recently retired, coach I say we send Zo in to show UConn that they cant just run us over and that we can push them around a little, of course without committing blatent fouls that are uncalled for in this type of a game.

I think though, that our best minutes will come tomorrow night with Zoellner on the bench.

13182[/snapback]

I agree that it will be ugly in the paint. My advice to Zeollner is use the fouls when needed. No stupid fouls and play good defense. Not looking for him to score but I am looking for stone hands to catch the ball when it hits between the numbers. Maybe the German has a little Irish in his blood lines somewhere and he will be the beneficiary.

Go Great DAnes!!!

13182[/snapback]

I agree that it will be ugly in the paint. My advice to Zeollner is use the fouls when needed. No stupid fouls and play good defense. Not looking for him to score but I am looking for stone hands to catch the ball when it hits between the numbers. Maybe the German has a little Irish in his blood lines somewhere and he will be the beneficiary.

Go Great DAnes!!!

13203[/snapback]

Albany will hang in for as long as their shooters are on fire. Zoellner does not figure into that equation. I almost start a small lineup -- Siggers at 4 and Wilson at 5, and run the UConn bigs up and down the court and shoot threes.