UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

November games

I have a couple of questions regarding the Siena and UConn games:

UConn- I think I heard Jim Nantz say that it was scheduled for Thansgiving weekend. Does anyone know if there is a confirmed date? How far is Storrs from Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun?

Siena - I recall reading a post on the Siena board by MTS about the Albany - Siena game being part of a possible 8 team tournament to be sponsered by the MAAC, but that the tournament set-up was contingent on some proposed NCAA legislation allowing more exempt games. I assume there was an NCAA meeting of some sort at the Final Four. Does anyone have an update on the possibility of such a tournament? and does anyone know the probable date of the Albany - Siena game?

I have a couple of questions regarding the Siena and UConn games:

UConn-  I think I heard Jim Nantz say that it was scheduled for Thansgiving weekend.  Does anyone know if there is a confirmed date?  How far is Storrs from Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun?

Siena - I recall reading a post on the Siena board by MTS about the Albany - Siena game being part of a possible 8 team tournament to be sponsered by the MAAC, but that the tournament set-up was contingent on some proposed NCAA legislation allowing more exempt games.  I assume there was an NCAA meeting of some sort at the Final Four.  Does anyone have an update on the possibility of such a tournament?  and does anyone know the probable date of the Albany - Siena game?

13857[/snapback]

Storrs is about an hour away from Mohegan Sun, maybe 45-50 minutes-- add another 15-20 minutes for Foxwoods. Mohegan Sun is nicer, but doesn't have a poker room, for those bitten by the poker bug.

My mom lives in New London so if the game is during T'giving weekend, I love the sound of an Albany-UConnvict game and Mohegan Sun exacta.

Siena - I recall reading a post on the Siena board by MTS about the Albany - Siena game being part of a possible 8 team tournament to be sponsered by the MAAC, but that the tournament set-up was contingent on some proposed NCAA legislation allowing more exempt games.  I assume there was an NCAA meeting of some sort at the Final Four.  Does anyone have an update on the possibility of such a tournament?  and does anyone know the probable date of the Albany - Siena game?

13857[/snapback]

The fact that the MAAC is sponsoring it makes me skeptical but no matter. I thought I read somewhere that Brown said the schedule for 06-07 was mostly set and he didn't think we could fit the tourney in this year.

• 2 weeks later...