UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Slow Day

As we all know the Pepsi Arena's naming rights are up for grabs....here is a thought, do you think we could get enough alumni support to buy the rights and name it the "Great Dane Arena". Then you know who would be playing all their "home" games in the Great Dane Arena. I think that would be HYSTERICAL!!! :lol:

Any thoughts?

As we all know the Pepsi Arena's naming rights are up for grabs....here is a thought, do you think we could get enough alumni support to buy the rights and name it the "Great Dane Arena".  Then you know who would be playing all their "home" games in the Great Dane Arena.  I think that would be HYSTERICAL!!!  :lol:

Any thoughts?

14210[/snapback]

I like "The Not Siena's Home Court Arena"

Well, it is a slow week. I was going to rant about one of our favorite subjects - our home town newspaper. The top of the page headline of the Gazette's Sports section today is about tonight's lacrosse game against Syracuse; while the home town paper (which according to itself is exploring buying the Knick Arena naming rights) has nothing.

But, your idea to liven the day up is just as good. Not to be too serious, but wasn't it last year or so that the Fleet Center ( or whatever it's called now) was auctioning off naming rights for a day and some UNC big buck alum bought the rights for a day and wanted to name it the Duke Sucks Arena for a day?

Well, it is a slow week.  I was going to rant about one of our favorite subjects - our home town newspaper.  The top of the page headline of the Gazette's Sports section today is about tonight's lacrosse game against Syracuse; while the home town paper (which according to itself is exploring buying the Knick Arena naming rights) has nothing.

But, your idea to liven the day up is just as good.  Not to be too serious, but wasn't it last year or so that the Fleet Center ( or whatever it's called now) was auctioning off naming rights for a day and some UNC big buck alum bought the rights for a day and wanted to name it the Duke Sucks Arena for a day?

14212[/snapback]

YUP!!!

There were some funny names....

The arena is called the TD BANK NORTH BOSTON GARDEN, now.

BTW...nothing sucks more than Siena....except FOR ALLERGY INDUCED SORE THROATS AND HAYFEVER........

Jeesh...an early start to allergy season!

Well, it is a slow week.  I was going to rant about one of our favorite subjects - our home town newspaper.  The top of the page headline of the Gazette's Sports section today is about tonight's lacrosse game against Syracuse; while the home town paper (which according to itself is exploring buying the Knick Arena naming rights) has nothing.

But, your idea to liven the day up is just as good.  Not to be too serious, but wasn't it last year or so that the Fleet Center ( or whatever it's called now) was auctioning off naming rights for a day and some UNC big buck alum bought the rights for a day and wanted to name it the Duke Sucks Arena for a day?

14212[/snapback]

Channel 13 mentioned this a few weeks ago when there were no bids; Bill Lambdin said naming rights worked out to about $40/hour. I'd go for that.

As for the Gazette, the story said this win is pivotal for an at-large to the NCAA tournament; that seems to be inflating our chances. Marr said a win would 'put us right back in the mix'. I don't think we have a shot at an at-large now, unless there are an awful lot of upsets in the few remaining games.