UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BOYCOTT OF THE SIENA BOARD

Wow, you want to talk about sensitive, for those of you that missed the happenings on the Siena board if you did not check it in the 5 minutes before my posts were removed I will recap.

After reading that they had an entire thread dedicated to calling us losers because 8/17 posts were somehow related to Siena, I pointed out that they had one post with 79 replies because we turned down their event.

My post 1st post read-

Ticket to Albany v. Siena = $30

Beer at game = $30

Green paint to spell SIENA on our chests = $5

Purple paint to spell SUCKS on our backs = $5

79 replies to Albany turning down the Siena event = Priceless

On a side note the paint thing really did happen at the 2003 game, and when the jumbotron cameras saw us the focused on our shirts we stood up cheering and in unison turned around to show the arena a big SUCKS!!!

I then went to check what was going on their board and found that 3/6 topics were about us. So I pointed out that 3/6 is 50% and by their definition that would make them losers as well.

My 2nd post read -

After a recent check of your "superior" board I found that 3 of the last 6 posts were about Albany. Now check my math ut 3 divided by 6, now break out your calcualtors kiddies is 50%. "Everyone has a purpose on this earth, mine is simply to help you put your foot in your mouth."

Needless to say, Tony the Almighty removed both of my posts eventhough they were neither disrespectful in terms of langage or were the incorrect. I was merely stating facts with some fun and that has gotten me publicly warned and my posts removed.

Based on the facts presented above I would ask my fellow dane fans here to start an all out BOYCOTT of the Siena site and all mentions of that dreaded school in the sticks until we get closer to the game. In my opinion they are nothing but little childern who have yet to learn that you can not always be correct, and if pressed they simply make threats and/or simply ignore your right to post facts.

My God...if you ever thought SienaTony was fair go look at the board.....You have got to be SH#@ING me!!!!

14703[/snapback]

I know, that is why I have decided to sit back and just watch the action over there for a while. There is almost no need to go over there and make them look silly because they do it to themselves.

What is really disturbing is that I find myself more amused then angered by the fact that Tony decides to play the holier then thou role meanwhile he is responsible for letting the blabber continue. If he doesn't want the insults he should ask his cohorts to cut it too.

It is his Siena board so he doesn't mind Siena blabber. He can run his board however he wants. I'm sure he didn't put it there so we can take potshots at Siena.

I remember seeing you guys painted at the Siena game a few years ago. Funny stuff.

It is his Siena board so he doesn't mind Siena blabber. He can run his board however he wants. I'm sure he didn't put it there so we can take potshots at Siena.

I remember seeing you guys painted at the Siena game a few years ago. Funny stuff.

14705[/snapback]

DanePound,

Unless there are different sets of rules for the Siana and UA fans, he has absolutely no leg to stand on. Everyone knows it’s his board, but if you don’t apply the rules uniformly then the admin and the board loses all credibility. If that’s the case then he should lock the board to all but Siena fans, that way they can all sit around in a circle pat each other on the back and masturbate to how great it is being a crown jewel of the MAAC.

Bosiydid,

Looks like you got your wish, Tony put his delete button to work.

Now correct me if I am wrong, or does he seem to suddenly have his panties in a bunch. When I first started following the boards this pointless yet amusing banter was overflowing. Suddenly Tony decided he doesn't like it. I wonder why...oh wait, maybe its because he knows that deep down Albany has the better team and has the better chance to take our conference and make the dance FOR 2 CONSECUTIVE YEARS!!! He can take his stronger conference argument and shove up his pie hole, you make the dance for beating your competition end of story. We won the games we needed to win and it is not like we sit in the AE for the simple pleasure of beating up on inferior teams, not more then 2 years ago we were one of those growing programs, but now we have our legs under us and are ready to fight.

So I say bring it on, because now not only will we beat Siena in the stands and on the internet, but now we will wipe the floor with them on the court. (Probably overstated a little bit as this years game is still up in the air while I like our chances, but that doesn't have the same dramatic effect)

For anyone who cares this is the exchange I had with Tony…..I just don’t want him to be able to spin it anyway he likes, let the facts be out there and people can draw their own conclusions.

Tony sends me this….

Max

Not sure what your problem is, but your non stop insults on the Siena board

have got to stop, you are constantly looking for trouble. You are banned

from the Siena board for a week, if you keep your nose clean I'll reinstate

you next week. Any questions feel free to ask away

-Tony

I send back…….

Tony,

I honestly think that you are disgrace as an admin…..you've destroy any shred of credibility that you and your board ever had. As I previously stated, a Siena poster went to our site….counted the threads…..did the math….and then started a topic by insulting us and calling us "losers". You have the nerve to silence the UA posters but leave the offending post that started this flame war, made by a Siena fan. You and your board are nothing but a joke and as far as administrators go you are a useless despot……what a disgrace!!!!!!! Don't bother reinstating me.......as I have no desire to go back there.

Incase you'd like to review why you are an idiot.....here's the message that you deleted...

Your kidding right? a Siena fan STARTED this thread by going over to our board COUNTED the posts and we are the ones getting reprimanded by you. Is this some kind of a joke, or is it now a crime to call something what it is….pathetic! I mean if there was ever clear proof that you are incredibly biased and have blinders on when it comes to censoring UA fans this is it! The guy calls us "losers" and start a topic that has nothing what so ever to do with basketball and you yell at the UA fans. Go ahead and give that delete/ban/censor button a good workout…..again….pathetic!!!

Cheers

By the way I am now banned for a week!!!!

Edited by bosiydid

Some of you might notice that many of us who read the Siena Board have never registered for it, simply because we have chosen not to be restricted by Tony's rules. I'm sorry to disagree with many of you; but when you register for the Siena Board, you should not expect anything else.

Anyway, for those who are not familiar with it, you might want to post on the sMaac Board, where Tony is a constant target of ridicule: http://www.voy.com/54558/

If you're new, let me give you some of the lingo. The "hayseeds" are Siena fans. The "turd" is Tony.

Some of you might notice that many of us who read the Siena Board have never registered for it, simply because we have chosen not to be restricted by Tony's rules.  I'm sorry to disagree with many of you; but when you register for the Siena Board, you should not expect anything else.

Anyway, for those who are not familiar with it, you might want to post on the sMaac Board, where Tony is a constant target of ridicule: http://www.voy.com/54558/

If you're new, let me give you some of the lingo.  The "hayseeds" are Siena fans.  The "turd" is Tony.

14714[/snapback]

Statefan,

I honestly have no problem with rules or obeying them…. But they should apply to all parties posting. Otherwise there need to be rules for Siena fans and a separate set for UA fans. This is such outright bias….that even a deaf, blind Siena fan can see from a mile away!

As someone who used to visit the Siena board as the fan of a MAAC school...I was amazed at the vitriolic posts aimed at that and other MAAC schools. Then I went to the MAAC tournament and sat in front of their section, including directly in front of some adult, (older adult, members of their community, including board members. Just let me say, that the apples don't far fall from the trees. There were children with them...yet the language that spilled from their maws in front to of those kids...trashy and obscene! When I said something, pointing at the kids...the language then was turned toward me rather than at the officials. So at least I lifted the burden from the zebras...who really were clueless...but Siena was winning...and getting almost all the calls. The only ones against them were legitimate.

Siena fans are a breed apart. Nothing surprises me. I read their board to laugh at their narrowmindedness. There are no true sports fans there.