UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Head Coach Bob Ford of Albany will be a guest interview this coming week (5/30) on I-AA WAVES, the nationally syndicated I-AA audio show.

http://albany.edu/main/features/2003/09-03...s/fightsong.mp3 !!

14747[/snapback]

Coach was a very good interview and we talked about everything... a good 35 minutes will be on the show! The archive will be up shortly after the broadcast. Tell your pals to listen.

any feedback on the interview?

14826[/snapback]

Ford gave some solid info...and was very forthright. I think it is safe to say he came away giving the IAA community another look at UA. He will be sorely missed when he retires from UA...though I suspect that is a good 4-5 years off.

He also gave the first public indicator of AE football.

any feedback on the interview?

14826[/snapback]

Ford gave some solid info...and was very forthright. I think it is safe to say he came away giving the IAA community another look at UA. He will be sorely missed when he retires from UA...though I suspect that is a good 4-5 years off.

He also gave the first public indicator of AE football.

14827[/snapback]

What did he say about AE Football?

Ford's interview is about the first 45 minutes of the show. All I remember about AEast football is that he mentioned Hofstra as one of the teams.

A lot of the time was about his early career and the problems of starting a program from scratch, with only grad students as assistant coaches.

Ford's interview is about the first 45 minutes of the show. All I remember about AEast football is that he mentioned Hofstra as one of the teams.

A lot of the time was about his early career and the problems of starting a program from scratch, with only grad students as assistant coaches.

14854[/snapback]

Well that's mighty interesting.........

What did he say about AE Football?
Ford: Rumor on the street is America East may create a football playing conference. That would consist of Maine, New Hampshire, Mass, Rhode Island, Hofstra, Stony Brook, and ourselves.

14878[/snapback]

So the Albany football coach is saying ("rumor on the street") that Hofstra would be a member of America East Football? Does this mean that Hofstra would also become an all-sport member of America East? Does anyone else think that this is pretty big news if it's true?

So the Albany football coach is saying ("rumor on the street") that Hofstra would be a member of America East Football?  Does this mean that Hofstra would also become an all-sport member of America East?  Does anyone else think that this is pretty big news if it's true?

14915[/snapback]

This is huge news. I can't see how Hofstra would play AE football and not leave the CAA in all sports. IMO this means moving to either the AE or A-10.

If I were the A-10, I would try to scoop up Hofstra, especially considering their expected success in basketball next year and the direction of that program.

If I were Hofstra, I would seriously consider the A-10 with ECAC lacrosse but I would also consider the AE if UMass and URI would move with me. The AE would be the most stable option for the years to come but these three institutions would need to take a step backwards to be able to take two steps forward.

I do like the fact that coach Ford talks about “similar institutions”. This supports the AE theory.