UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany/Siena 2006

I think the even funnier part of their thread over there is that suddenly Albany is a decent team that has a lot of potential because it would make them feel as if they don't have such a weak OOC schedule. All I can say is DUH!!!!!! How long have we been talking about the potential of this years team and the challenge it could give to almost any team in the country? I guess sometimes short term memory is a good thing because I am sure most Siena fans don't remember only a few weeks ago bashing our recruits, our program and our potential.

So to quote Chris Rock, "They spinnin!!!!!!"

I think the even funnier part of their thread over there is that suddenly Albany is a decent team that has a lot of potential because it would make them feel as if they don't have such a weak OOC schedule.  All I can say is DUH!!!!!!  How long have we been talking about the potential of this years team and the challenge it could give to almost any team in the country?  I guess sometimes short term memory is a good thing because I am sure most Siena fans don't remember only a few weeks ago bashing our recruits, our program and our potential.

So to quote Chris Rock, "They spinnin!!!!!!"

14973[/snapback]

What are you talking about? I made at least three posts over there on how Albany is dragging down the appeal of our OOC schedule. :-)

JG

Exhibit A, B, C and D...maybe my mom was right, I should have been a lawyer!!!

"a team could emerge from NEast and/or AEast that are very good this yr with a high rpi" - Siena Arcatech

"Besides Albany UNH and Vermont, provided Lonergan doesn't scream all his players away, should be respectable. " - mr. siena

"I agree we should continue to play Albany. It’s a fun game against an improving program" - Siena Tony

"True the home OOC schedule won't be great this season but it still might be pretty good with Hofstra (potential top 25 team) a solid Albany team" - MTS

There are 4 out of a total 17 posts that point to Albany being good competition this year. It sure is a different tune from a few weeks ago, where Albany supposedly sucked, had no recuriting class, played in the worst conference in the NCAA's and in the great words of Siena T "most likely will take a step backwards next year." Meanwhile this week Albany has a "improving program."

daneguy04 - just wait a moment and the sentiments on the Siena board will change.

Who really cares what they think.

They'll need a Big Name team to outdraw what they get by playing UA.

The Danes are an improving program, if you just look at the last 2 seasons our only seasons with a complete DI roster there is no doubt we are on the rise.

Our only concern should be that we continue to improve and become a truly solid DI team.

A team with a competitive chance to win the AE and the AE Tourney yearly and if not possibly qualify for the NIT.

A team with maybe an RPI of somewhere between 75-150.

Siena is what Siena is a snooty private college that thinks it's the "Crown Jewel".

We know what we are a large public university with a developing comprehensive DI athletic program.

Patch,

As anyone who knows me can vouch I don't give a flying Siena what anyone cares about me or the UA Program, all that matters is my support for the program.

I was simply trying to point out the lifes little ironies just for some laughs.

I am sure by tomorrow Tony will have censored those posts so that nothing on that board resembles a compliment towards Albany.

Patch,

As anyone who knows me can vouch I don't give a flying Siena what anyone cares about me or the UA Program, all that matters is my support for the program.

I was simply trying to point out the lifes little ironies just for some laughs. 

I am sure by tomorrow Tony will have censored those posts so that nothing on that board resembles a compliment towards Albany.

14981[/snapback]

I see your point about the irony. I see Patch's points too except for the derogatory Siena comment. However, perhaps you can take the "compliments" at face value instead of trying to incite a negative connatation. Just a thought. The more you win the more compliments you will get, so you might as well get used to them.

JG

[

I see your point about the irony. I see Patch's points too except for the derogatory Siena comment. However, perhaps you can take the "compliments" at face value instead of trying to incite a negative connatation. Just a thought. The more you win the more compliments you will get, so you might as well get used to them.

JG

14983[/snapback]

As anyone who read the papers (I mean real papers not just the Siena Times Union) in March knows there were plenty of compliments for Albany both before and after the tournament. Actually compliments have come from virtually everywhere except Siena fans. Thus daneguy04 post is a good one. As recently as last week some of your posters were still negatively posting regarding contributions Albany players made in the season and the UCONN game on your board.

As for the derogatory Siena comment by Patch, he's right. However, I think you guys bring that to yourselves by comparing yourselves to the Yankees and talking about all the advantages Siena has in the MAAC without actually dominating the MAAC the way the Yankees have dominated the AL. Or do you think MTS is the only one doing that.

Had we not lost to the crown jewel last year they'd have absolutely no argument and not a splinter of a platform from which to crow.

Unfortunately, head to head, we were beaten. Once this is remedied in December, they can continue the one-sport plunge into the mediocrity which is likely to be their lot for many years to come. Once that win is under our jockstraps, any arguments from Loudenville will become laughable.

14973[/snapback]

What are you talking about? I made at least three posts over there on how Albany is dragging down the appeal of our OOC schedule. :-)

JG

14978[/snapback]

Well I suppose Siena could always offer to buyout the Albany game so Siena could add yet another game with NJIT.

• 5 weeks later...