UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Online Ticketing

reeder

UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT UNVEILS ONLINE TICKETING SYSTEM

Albany, N.Y. - Vice President and Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced today that the University at Albany will now offer an online ticketing system through the department of athletics Web site (www.albany.edu/sports). UAlbany’s online ticketing will offer 24-hour access to account information, the ability to pay for individual game tickets online that can be picked up at will call on the day of the event, plus a feature for checking order status.

UAlbany individual football tickets and parking are now on sale through the online system. Football ticket prices are: $8.00, reserved; $6.00, adult general admission; $1.00, children general admission. A season football parking pass for the Recreation and Convocation Center lot is priced at $15.00.

Good idea. I'll add a link to the top of the page. Maybe we can get a cut if someone buys tickets through a link on this page.

15528[/snapback]

who does their web design? It's horrible.

15531[/snapback]

Terrible looking site……I work in IT and web development like this is unacceptable. Must be students in Web Development class designing this thing. At least it’s up I guess but if they wanted to really look like an up and coming D1 program then hey need to fire the web designer.

IMO, I think the site is fine - very similar to the Binghamton site (although done by a different company).

The other sites that I have seen - Tickets.com, Ticketmaster are both nicer but I don't think either allows you the ability to specifically select your seats. I would also guess that those are much more expensive to develop and integrate.

In the last couple of years, I have ordered tickets for several ACC and SEC basketball and football games and the order process is very similar - the biggest difference is that Albany allows you to manually select your seats.

What's probably making people feel that it's not very nice is the graphic of the football stands. Maybe that's an unnecessary step but I don't think it's a big deal.

I'm just happy that when I want to get tickets for the one or two games that I might be able to attend that I won't have to play voicemail tag with the ticket agents.

Yes, you can pick your seats, but there are no instructions that tell the buyer he can - 'Change this Order' just sends you back to the beginning, and it looks like a take-it-or-leave-it offer. Not only does the Bing site look better, it starts out by allowing you to choose your seats, and the customer always likes to feel in control.

They also should put the yard markers on the graphic to give you a feel for where the seats are.

Still, it's an improvement that it's up a month before the football season starts.

I've written to Rob with a few suggestions and he said the system will be improved by basketball season.