UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Dane96,

Yes, Spain is great.

My wife and I had the opportunity to make a visit a few summers ago. We spent 12 days there in a variety of places. I loved every place we went. I was surprised how modern Madrid can be. We really liked the Roman ruins in Segovia. Sevilla was great, but 108° is hot, no matter how dry it is. I liked Cordova and its white-washed buildings. The gardens and fountains at the Alhambra really appealed to me, especially in the heat. I could go on and on.

Glad you had a great trip. It was really cool that you actually saw a match over there. I'm a little surprised you saw as much as you did in the relatively short time you had there.

Dane96,

Yes, Spain is great.

My wife and I had the opportunity to make a visit a few summers ago. We spent 12 days there in a variety of places. I loved every place we went. I was surprised how modern Madrid can be. We really liked the Roman ruins in Segovia. Sevilla was great, but 108° is hot, no matter how dry it is. I liked Cordova and its white-washed buildings. The gardens and fountains at the Alhambra really appealed to me, especially in the heat. I could go on and on.

Glad you had a great trip. It was really cool that you actually saw a match over there. I'm a little surprised you saw as much as you did in the relatively short time you had there.

15851[/snapback]

Yes, I put a lot in a little time...and I think my buddy hates me for it...our feet were killing us (damned aging process).

One thing I recommend for ANYONE...even in the States but moreso over in Spain/N. Africa, is an Arab Bath/Roman/Turkish bath. There are three in spain that are original (Cordoba, Madrid, Granada). It is the most relaxing thing I have ever done and we didnt even do the massage part. 16 euro for an hour and a half with the cold and hot spa treatment and tea......sounds wierd...but my body was literally jelly when I left. All of the people I was with were former athletes and we all agreed we had never felt better with regards to old injuries and joint pain.

The white washed buildings were what I wanted to see in the Alpujharras, but I got a chance to see some in Sacromonte, as you know, the North part of Grenada city. It was a nice little change from the Albacin.

I agree, Sevilla's heat was nearly disabling, especially when drinking from 2pm till match time (we were with a Scotsman....so we HAD to drink).

Ruler, why would you blow a gasket when Ostrom calls, he's trying to get the money. I guess if you've donated 10 million for the stadium and it's not getting built, you could bl;ow a gasket. I have confidence that funding is being pursued and will eventually be secured. I don't really care if they do too much to the current field. I'd be happy with bleachers set up on the Track behind our bench to improve sightlines, but I'll be patient, even though i'm old and have less time to wait.

I will blow a gasket for a couple of reasons:

BTW Don is a great guy and I truley like him.

I have donated a lot of $ (not $10,000,000), I have been to all the meetings, I am on the stadium steering committee and I have heard the same song and dance for a few years now. No question scholarship football is coming(like SBU in my opinion...indy). I have a very big client who is on the board at Clough Harbor and they have heard rumblings of a stadium but nothing new. Meetings have been set up with key institutions up there and I have not heard anything as of yet. (In reality a new facility of some sort will come...but I would love what has been proposed a 20K seater with offices etc.) Time will tell!

What really burns my a$$ is the fact that every SUNY school for the most part has a better football playing facility then we have. ITS NOT LIKE UA CAN'T AFFORD THIS FACILITY IT JUST DOES NOT SEEM LIKE IT IS A PRIORITY! An earlier post is exactly right WE HAVE SUPERIOR TALENT AND THEY PLAY IN $iena FACILITIES! Can you imagine if Ford had SBU stadium on campus to recruit with? He is a world class recruiter with out it imagine the teams we would have with SBU's stadium!!!!!!If UA played Cortland or Brockport we would win by 5 tds and they both have better playing facilities

That is why I am irritated. I want to eat my hat at some point, believe me I want to.

I think that extra 10 mil, might have been a deal breaker for the Giants. The fileds they practice on are very nice for the purpose. I saw SB's stadium last night on the broadcast. Very impressive. A little different than I imagined it though. I think our plan is even nicer, if we build it to that plan.