UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bad thing about game vs. CCS

next weekend is a long weekend (jewish holiday) which means a good portion of students will be going home (myself included, which im now pissed about) Hopefully a good amount of students can still make it.

16219[/snapback]

Everyone start this chant at the game. Watch it towards the end when the song stops and 50,000 people chant it in unison. I think this is the coolest thing ever to do at a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cffEaZGh0

next weekend is a long weekend (jewish holiday) which means a good portion of students will be going home (myself included, which im now pissed about) Hopefully a good amount of students can still make it.

16219[/snapback]

It's not as long as a break as I thought. Classes are suspended at 1:30p on Friday and resume as usual on Monday. And I think most classes don't go past 3 or 3 on Friday anyways..so hopefully we'll still see a strong crowd.

16219[/snapback]

Everyone start this chant at the game. Watch it towards the end when the song stops and 50,000 people chant it in unison. I think this is the coolest thing ever to do at a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cffEaZGh0

16231[/snapback]

Funny you should mention this....it is Liverpool's theme song, Celtic's, along with Fulham.

When I was in Spain two weeks ago, I got to see my first futbol match (ridiculous btw...no experience like 45k singing...THE ENTIRE GAME NON-STOP). Went with my buddy and his girlfriend and three guys (one from Eindhoven, one from Scotland...CELTIC FAN, the other a Liverpool fan). The Liverpool and Cetlic guy kept talking about this song and who had dibs on it. We all started singing it...and I think I may have it on video...we got the Spainards to do it in Spanish...in between "CAMPIONES, CAMPIONES, SEVILLA, SEVILLA."

Here are the words to the song:

Originally from the musical Carousel and later a hit for Gerry and the Pacemakers, the Kop have been singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' since the 60's.

There is a long-standing debate as to which club's supporters were the first to sing the song, with Celtic and Fulham also claiming to be the first, but there is no doubt that 'You'll Never Walk Alone' is the definitive Anfield Anthem and one that should send shivers down the spine of any true fan.

When you walk through a storm,

Hold your head up high,

And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of a storm,

There's a golden sky,

And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,

Though your dreams be tossed and blown..

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,

And you'll never walk alone.......

You'll never walk alone.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,

And you'll never walk alone.......

You'll never walk alone

Forgot to add Lyrics...

By a lonely prison wall

I heard a young girl calling

Michael they have taken you away

For you stole Trevelyn's corn

So the young might see the morn

Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay

(chorus)

Low lie the Fields of Athenry

Where once we watched the small free birds fly

Our love was on the wing we had dreams and songs to sing

It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry

By a lonely prison wall

I heard a young man calling

Nothing matters, Mary when you're free

Against the famine and the Crown

I rebelled they ran me down

Now you must raise our child with dignity

By a lonely harbor wall

She watched the last star falling

As that prison ship sailed out against the sky

Sure she'll wait and hope and pray

For her love in Botany Bay

It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry.