UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Turnovers, Interceptions, and fumbles...oh my!

In all 3 losses this year as well as the 6 losses last year are directly a result of turnovers. This is a problem because we are on the verge of a losing campaign. 8-3 would be a miracle.

Bocanegra is now losing gamnes for us. 3 picks against Fordham, and 2 fumbles returned for TDs against a crap SBU team. D has not played well since the CCSU game.

Overall grade is F. Offense when they were not scoring for 14 SBU did put 21 on the board. 33 minus 14 = 19.

All I can say is it is gut check time for the next 5 games. One more loss and I wash my hands of it. I would prefer yard work to this $iena!

In all 3 losses this year as well as the 6 losses last year are directly a result of turnovers. This is a problem because we are on the verge of a losing campaign. 8-3 would be a miracle.

Bocanegra is now losing gamnes for us. 3 picks against Fordham, and 2 fumbles returned for TDs against a crap SBU team. D has not played well since the CCSU game.

Overall grade is F. Offense when they were not scoring for 14 SBU did put 21 on the board. 33 minus 14 = 19.

All I can say is it is gut check time for the next 5 games. One more loss and I wash my hands of it. I would prefer yard work to this $iena!

16769[/snapback]

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

16769[/snapback]

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

16780[/snapback]

It has been so painful, I couldnt even bring myself to read the game threads.

I am not sure how many times you can let a player fumble away the ball. JMHO, which is meaningless.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I don't see what keeping Bocanegra in the game at QB does for you right now. There is no upside to it...long term or short term. Let Blasinksy play and get some rythm and confidence. Ford has done this with QBs for the past 4 years and what has been our weakness the past 4 years?....QB play!

Blasinksy doesn't hurt us now and playing him the rest of the season with nothing but league games left will give him the experience he needs to be an excellent QB the next 3 years...which would match up time-wise with the first real chance we have a IAA national championship (meaning three years from now we should be playing in a 12,000 seat stadium and in a league with an AQ Bid to the playoffs.) It would be nice to have a 4 year starter at the helm then.

danefan - how long have you been around the SUNY system....

(meaning three years from now we should be playing in a 12,000 seat stadium and in a league with an AQ Bid to the playoffs.) - danefan

If UA got the go ahead today for a new 12,000 seat stadium it would still take atleast 5 years to get through the red tape and be built. Your 3 year projection to me seems dillusional.

I also don't believe we'll won't be in a new league with an auto bid in 3 years either.

I believe it will be 3 years before we break ground.

I hope I'm wrong but the SUNY system works in strange ways.

(meaning three years from now we should be playing in a 12,000 seat stadium and in a league with an AQ Bid to the playoffs.) - danefan

If UA got the go ahead today for a new 12,000 seat stadium it would still take atleast 5 years to get through the red tape and be built. Your 3 year projection to me seems dillusional.

I also don't believe we'll won't be in a new league with an auto bid in 3 years either.

16783[/snapback]

Patch, untrue. Expect the stadium to be finished within 2 years of groundbreaking, which should occur by 2008.

The red-tape...is a hurdle...however that is a little one; Remember, John Ryan, the Gov, and Jennings all want the stadium. The main issue is the 10mm in private funding. I know a nice chunk has been gotten...let's see some more.

I would definatly play both QB's from here on out. If one gets the hot hand then fine let him play. Bocanegra is a better thrower (believe it or not) then an option QB. if he gets time he is pretty good...see Delaware. He can also run like hell, the problem is his decision making as to when to pitch and when to eat it during the spread option plays. If our O-line was playing like they are supposed to we could hand the ball off and pound them.

Still can be 8-3 but they are gonna have to be MUCH better. They play like they did against SBU, Cornell or Fordham (Fordham is such a $iena team that should be a W)we are looking at 5-6. If that occurs that is all on the coaches. 3 losing campaigns in a row is un acceptable at UA. It has never happened before. 2 is tough to swallow let alone 3.

As we look to next year we lose Coleman, Barksdale, and one other player from D. Also lose Allen(a good rb but we are going to be loaded at rb) on O and 2 O-lineman(which may not be a bad thing)

D96 - I respect your knowledge tremendously and I know you communicate with those in the know often but if I were a gambler I'd be willing to bet the ranch that the stadium project will not be completed by Oct 09!!!!!

danefan said 3 years.

The last I heard they aren't even 100% sure where the stadium will go and they've been on this topic for a few years already.

Again I hope I'm wrong.

I guess it's time to wait and watch.

16783[/snapback]

I like to look at the stadium in a positive light and I believe there is a lot more actually happening behind the scenes then anyone knows. If the environmental impact study comes back good I think we'll see some movement and it will be quicker than in the "Old" SUNY system (also known as the "Karen Hitchcock builds a sculpture studio days".

With regards to a league with an AQ it will happen at most 3 years from now. Don't forget the NEC continues to apply every year for AQ. So if its not a new league (America East hopefully) I think it will be in the NEC.

danefan - I hope you're right. Without a stadium (remember we currently have the worst football facility in the AE) I don't see us attractive to an AQ Conference.

If the NEC becomes an AQ Conference that's the only way it will happen in the next few years.

Remember we will be without a President at UA for probably atleast another year, that may tie us in knots for the near future.

To be honest with you if we can't come up with the money for A-Frame Bleachers on the turf fields I'm not so sure we're ready to move forward on bigger projects.

I think the bidding process for the stadium will take over a year by itself.

Isn't it a shame we have an outstanding Men's Lacrosse program and a rapidly improving Field Hockey program and we couldn't even come up with the funds to finish the project

I hope the administration proves me to be a fool but I doubt it.

I wonder what the readers of this thread think?

its great to see 11 posters reading this topic right now at 3:35pm

Maybe sometime soon Dr. McElroy will be able to make a public statement and give us all hope that the funds are coming to solve our problems.

Hey guys keep your heads up, the football season isn't done yet. Yeah we lost an important game but I think SBU is going to stumble at some point during the confrence season. We have a three game stretch against teams that are at the bottom of the confrence. We win these next three games we can build momentum into the home stretch of the season and beat Robert Morris and Monmouth, there is still hope for the season to turn around.

Edited by B9j2j6s

Hey guys keep your heads up, the football season isn't done yet.  Yeah we lost an important game but I think SBU is going to stumble at some point during the confrence season.  We have a three game stretch against teams that are at the bottom of the confrence.  We win these next three games we can build momentum into the home stretch of the season and beat Robert Morris and Monmouth, there is still hope for the season to turn around.

16790[/snapback]

Great point. Next three games would be great to break in a new QB! ;)

D96 - I respect your knowledge tremendously and I know you communicate with those in the know often but if I were a gambler I'd be willing to bet the ranch that the stadium project will not be completed by Oct 09!!!!!

danefan said 3 years.

The last I heard they aren't even 100% sure where the stadium will go and they've been on this topic for a few years already.

Again I hope I'm wrong.

I guess it's time to wait and watch.

16786[/snapback]

I dont know anything...other than what Ostrom (and McElroy) have publically talked about (breaking ground in late 07, early 08). I said two years, which would be 2010...and not 2009.

danefan - I hope you're right. Without a stadium (remember we currently have the worst football facility in the AE) I don't see us attractive to an AQ Conference.

If the NEC becomes an AQ Conference that's the only way it will happen in the next few years.

Remember we will be without a President at UA for probably atleast another year, that may tie us in knots for the near future.

To be honest with you if we can't come up with the money for A-Frame Bleachers on the turf fields I'm not so sure we're ready to move forward on bigger projects.

I think the bidding process for the stadium will take over a year by itself.

Isn't it a shame we have an outstanding Men's Lacrosse program and a rapidly improving Field Hockey program and we couldn't even come up with the funds to finish the project

I hope the administration proves me to be a fool but I doubt it.

I wonder what the readers of this thread think?

its great to see 11 posters reading this topic right now at 3:35pm

Maybe sometime soon Dr. McElroy will be able to make a public statement and give us all hope that the funds are coming to solve our problems.

16789[/snapback]

If the bidding process is anything like Politic Massachusetts, it could be done and finished within 120 days. There is usually a small turn around from the announcement of the bid to the final numbers. Working on the most inept project of all times, I have some experience with construction bidding, modifications, etc.

Then again, I do not know the state of NY law in this area.

Edited by Dane96