UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown Posts New Info

I just looked at Will Brown's site and found this information:

We open this Saturday against a very good Bucknell team. They have arguably the best mid-major center in the country in 6’11 Chris McNaughton. He is very talented and very unselfish! Pat Flannery does an unbelievable job coaching Bucknell. They are a fundamentally sound team that will not beat themselves. I have watched a lot of film on Bucknell and they really play the game the right way. This will be a major challenge for our team. However, it is a challenge that we are looking forward to! This is the biggest regular season game ever played in our own building. Hopefully the SEFCU Arena will be loud and we will have a huge home court advantage.

I am anxious to see how we perform on Saturday night. We have been working hard and it will be nice to watch our team perform for real! The team is excited about the season starting this Saturday! This is a new season and a new basketball team. We lost some very good players off our championship team. We need some newcomers to step up and plug some gaps for us if we are going to be successful.

I will be giving a brief scouting report on Bucknell to the Varsity Club at 6 pm sharp in the PE Gym Saturday evening. We are planning on dropping the AE Championship banner and giving out the rings at 6:45 pm. I hope all of you will be able to share in the celebration at 6:45. We just hope that we perform better than the Miami Heat did last week when they dropped their NBA Championship banner and gave out their rings. They lost by 40+ to the Chicago Bulls!

Slowly but surely Jon Iati and Carl Ross are getting healthy. Neither are 100% but both have been practicing. See all of you on Saturday night!

Coach Brown calls Saturday night's game the most visible game we have ever played in the building.

He acknowledges the losses from last season and has hopes for the new recruits.

He will be appearing before the Varsity Club on Saturday at 6 pm to provide more information.

We should all attend the ceremony before the game to honor the achievements of last season

Coach Brown was on Willand's show this morning. Covington will start, only because he doesn't want to throw Gifford into the fire on opening night, he will let him sit on the bench for a couple of minutes and watch. Otherwise he said that they will pretty much split time at center (Covington/Gifford) until one of them takes control and becomes the clear favorite. He also said that the center position isn't set in stone for this game but this is the way he's leaning. I agree with his decision, for Gifford to come in and start in his first game would be difficult. The crowd will be loud, and the CUE will be rocking. Let him sit and watch for a minute or two.

It's great that Coach Brown will be in before the game to provide some more insight into the game. I know Hartford has done something similiar at their games and it's a terrific idea.

Sounds like a good idea with Gifford. Give him a chance to get coached a bit before he heads out there.

Archived