UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown on Delaware

Since our site was down last night and this morning, I did not have the opportunity to bring to readers' attention Coach Brown's latest article he put up on his website yesterday.

"10.15.06: We are preparing for our 2nd game of the season against Delaware this Friday night. Delaware is 0-1 but played MAAC favorite Marist tough the other night. Delaware power forward Herb Courtney is very talented. He will be a match-up problem for us. Delaware has very good overall team athleticism and speed. They play extremely hard and with a lot of energy. We need to be ready to play if we are going to beat the Blue Hens!

"Hopefully we will have another great crowd on Friday night! Nothing like having 5,000 screaming fans as your 6th man! The SEFCU Arena needs to be an intimidating place to play for our opponents!

"The media just needs to leave Bobby Knight alone. He is an old school coach who believes in tough love and discipline. I saw what he did the other night and I did not think he did anything wrong. The young man was looking down at the ground and he lifted his chin up so the young man was making eye contact with him. The guy is a great coach who has been criticized in the past for his actions. However, I think he has mellowed. The guy can coach and demands a lot from his student-athletes. He preaches self discipline and team discipline.

"This is the best time of the year. Nothing like college basketball season!

"Here are a couple of links well worth checking out:

"http://www.midmajority.com/blog.php?id=477

"http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/bill_trocchi/11/10/midmajor.report/index.html"

A synopsis of his major points:

Coach Brown lists a couple obstacles to a Dane victory on Friday. We should watch Herb Courtney and the team's athleticism. We need to maintain the intensity our opponent will probably show us.

He would like to see a repeat of the Bucknell crowd size for Friday and the future.

Coach also comments on the Bobby Knight incident the other night.

Citing a couple websites tht interest him, he ends with an exclamation of the time of year we are enjoying.

I have been thinking a lot about Coach Knight. I think that he is a wonderful basketball coach. He certainly understands the way basketball is suppose to be played: free flowing, man to man defense and players using offensive principles and not set plays. However, this inability to control his behavior has gotten out of hand. What right does he have to put his hands on another person? The answer is simple: NONE. He is a facalty memeber of Texas Tech. I would question if the Sociology professor put his hands on a student to get his attention if it would be handled the same way. Angain the answer is simple: NO. He would be fired immediately. In my opinion, it is time for Coach Knight to go. He has been given more free passes then most. He needs to be held accountable for his actions.

I have been thinking a lot about Coach Knight.  I think that he is a wonderful basketball coach.  He certainly understands the way basketball is suppose to be played:  free flowing, man to man defense and players using offensive principles and not set plays.  However, this inability to control his behavior has gotten out of hand.  What right does he have to put his hands on another person?  The answer is simple:  NONE.  He is a facalty memeber of Texas Tech.  I would question if the Sociology professor put his hands on a student to get his attention if it would be handled the same way.  Angain the answer is simple:  NO.  He would be fired immediately.  In my opinion, it is time for Coach Knight to go.  He has been given more free passes then most.  He needs to be held accountable for his actions.

17669[/snapback]

Save the rhetoric; Coaches in every sport touch players. Hitting is one thing, lifting a kids chin up the way he did...another. Plus, the kid, his parents, the school, fans, and most of the media who normally rip him....all seem to think it was no big deal.

I have been thinking a lot about Coach Knight.  I think that he is a wonderful basketball coach.  He certainly understands the way basketball is suppose to be played:  free flowing, man to man defense and players using offensive principles and not set plays.  However, this inability to control his behavior has gotten out of hand.  What right does he have to put his hands on another person?  The answer is simple:  NONE.  He is a facalty memeber of Texas Tech.  I would question if the Sociology professor put his hands on a student to get his attention if it would be handled the same way.  Angain the answer is simple:  NO.  He would be fired immediately.  In my opinion, it is time for Coach Knight to go.  He has been given more free passes then most.  He needs to be held accountable for his actions.

17669[/snapback]

Save the rhetoric; Coaches in every sport touch players. Hitting is one thing, lifting a kids chin up the way he did...another. Plus, the kid, his parents, the school, fans, and most of the media who normally rip him....all seem to think it was no big deal.

17688[/snapback]

I have to agree here with D96.

The gesture is no different than the old baseball pat on the rear end.

The only reason that this gets the attention it does is becasue of Coach Knight's past. For two days I have listened to Greenberg and Golic go back and forth with everyone on this. At the end of the day it is the AD's job to handle it as he/she sees fit. If Coach McElroy had to deal with it I'm sure that it would have been handled differently. In fact if you asked 20 AD's I think that you would find 40 different way to deal with it.

At the end of the day Coach Knight might be a little more intense than most but as it has been and always will be (even long after we bury Coach Knight upside down so his critics can kiss his {censored}) like a craftsman shop vac, SSS!

After watching the numerous replays of the pick your head up slap, I also think to much is being made of it. The kid is what, 18 or 19 years of age and didn't have a problem with it, HIS PARENTS didn't have a problem with it, and neither does the AD. To me it was so flagrant and I'm not naive enough to think that I have a better grasp on this incident then the people directly involved in it.t

Archived