UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Harvard

I'm looking forward to making the trip over tomorrow night. Just curious if anyone else was planning on going. Also anyone know a good place around the Harvard campus where I could find a good burger and a beer you can't see through?

I'm looking forward to making the trip over tomorrow night. Just curious if anyone else was planning on going. Also anyone know a good place around the Harvard campus where I could find a good burger and a beer you can't see through?

18419[/snapback]

Charlie's Kitchen

10 Eliot Street

18420[/snapback]

Charlies Kitchen is AWESOME diner style food. We go there for late night grub...and I take my European friends there when they visit to show them what old school is like. Definately a piece of Americana. From Charlies...it is about a 10 minute scoot back across the bridge to the Gym. There is also the Grafton Street Pub (much better food....pricier...but not over the top) which I LOVE. One of the best Cuban Sandwiches in the City.

Additionally (and with Great Beer) I recommend John Harvard's which is located on the backside and in the same building of Au Bon Pain (where they filmed Good WIll Hunting). It is the opposite corner of Au Bon (you can see Au Bon right outside the T stop) but you cannot see it from Au Bon. Just whip around two corners.

You also have the Red Line....pretty good. Grendals is damn good as well. It is a block from the T and right below "UPSTAIRS ON THE SQUARE" and next to Peet's Coffee and Tea....I go in the summer to sit outside but it has been around FOREVER!!

If you come out of the Harvard T stop...ask anyone to point you in the direction of EMS if you are going to Charlies.

DP....I will be at the game...cant wait to say hello.

Anyone else making the trip?!

Anyone with specific questions...feel free to ask. Shopping, booze, food...travel....got my Dane brotherhood covered.

I expect a tough game at Harvard. They have won four in a row and post decent wins over Maine, New Hampshire and Colgate. The Danes better not take this one lightly like Sacred Heart. Who cares if 30 people are in the gym??? I am not buying into that excuse anymore.

Harvard can score as well, totaling 83 or more points in three of their last four contests. Defense, containing their two 17ppg scorers, will be the key to winning this game.

I definitely have to agree with Charlie's kitchen. I like the fact that their double cheeseburgers are two separate cheeseburgers.

Also, John Harvard's is excellent for its brew, and if you time it right in the week you can face off against the Harvard boys in bar trivia. The last time we went we were one 'Dolly Madison' answer from beating the big boys before we slinked back to Quincy to continue our domination.

For the best burger in Boston, however, you have to go to Eagle's Deli in Cleveland Circle (by Boston College.) Eat a one pound burger with one pound of fries and get your picture on the wall with your choice of caption (I'm on the back wall.) The only problem is that without a working knowledge of the streets, you will get lost coming from Cambridge, but I miss that place terribly.

I definitely have to agree with Charlie's kitchen.  I like the fact that their double cheeseburgers are two separate cheeseburgers.

Also, John Harvard's is excellent for its brew, and if you time it right in the week you can face off against the Harvard boys in bar trivia.  The last time we went we were one 'Dolly Madison' answer from beating the big boys before we slinked back to Quincy to continue our domination.

For the best burger in Boston, however, you have to go to Eagle's Deli in Cleveland Circle (by Boston College.)  Eat a one pound burger with one pound of fries and get your picture on the wall with your choice of caption (I'm on the back wall.)  The only problem is that without a working knowledge of the streets, you will get lost coming from Cambridge, but I miss that place terribly.

18430[/snapback]

Actually, getting to Cleveland Circle is easy from Harvard...but that should be saved for the Tourney. BTW....Pino's is the best Pizza in this city...and I AM A PROFESSIONAL PIZZA EATER. It is not PRIMO's (that shat hole) but the other one next to Eagles.

The Eagle Burger described is called the "RILEY BURGER." Real champs (and I know of one person that did this) eat the GODZILLA BURGER. 5 pounds of burger meat, 5 pounds of Fries, and 1 pound of CHEESE!!

It is nauseating to think about...but funny when you see people try it.

Haggy...if I am correct, isnt the Godzilla Burger (something like 45 bucks) free (as are burgers for life) if you pound it out?

Come tourney time we can come up with ideas!!!

BTW...Bartley's is good...but not as great as it is cracked up to be (and the SERVICE BITES...but they are known for that). The onion rings are superb though.

Link to the menu (Definitely worth a glance as the Eagle's Deli was once voted the #2 place in the country to 'pig out'.)

http://www.menupix.com/boston/restaurants.php?id=419#

I have conquered Godzilla (one pound of each) about ten times, but the step-up to the Mega Burger was too much to handle.

I do like that they throw in unlimited fountain soda if you order at least the two pounder.

As for the Chillerama (5 and 5), I think the closest anyone ever came was eating the five pound burger and 3 pounds of his fries (at the B.C. Challenge, and I believe it was a Northeastern kid.)

As for pizza, I will always take the Giambotta at the original Pizzeria Regina's in the North End.

As for driving to Cleveland Circle, I certainly would not want to offer the directions.

As for the tourney, I say we have an Eagle's Deli UAlbany burger eating contest. I will be in shape if it does transpose, but I fear there is a sleeper somewhere on this board.

Link to the menu (Definitely worth a glance as the Eagle's Deli was once voted the #2 place in the country to 'pig out'.)

http://www.menupix.com/boston/restaurants.php?id=419#

I have conquered Godzilla (one pound of each) about ten times, but the step-up to the Mega Burger was too much to handle.

I do like that they throw in unlimited fountain soda if you order at least the two pounder.

As for the Chillerama (5 and 5), I think the closest anyone ever came was eating the five pound burger and 3 pounds of his fries (at the B.C. Challenge, and I believe it was a Northeastern kid.)

As for pizza, I will always take the Giambotta at the original Pizzeria Regina's in the North End.

As for driving to Cleveland Circle, I certainly would not want to offer the directions.

As for the tourney, I say we have an Eagle's Deli UAlbany burger eating contest.  I will be in shape if it does transpose, but I fear there is a sleeper somewhere on this board.

18438[/snapback]

I will never disparage a man's choice in food, but as a N End resident and a pizza fanatic, Regina is A) overpriced and B) not better than Ernestos. Both, in my opinion, are substandard as they are not proper thin crust pizzas which they prefer.

However, i wouldnt say Regina is not worth going once. If we include Cambridge, Emma's hands down has the best pie in the city.

Emma

Pinos,

Ernestos

Reginas

As for Eagles...they have changed the menu since I moved from brookline and would frequent the place at least four times a week. The burgers used to be Godzilla now Chilerama, Godzilla now Reilly, etc. They added some burgers as well.

Sad to see the name change.

The next time I am in Boston I will take the Dane96 challenge, and try the top 4 in order.

It must be noted, however, that I have brought many parties to Regina's, and have had strong reviews. One accomplice called me the next day referencing his nocturnal emissions from dreaming about the pizza. I tried to understand, but I think he may have had an extremely powerful reaction.

As for the Eagle's menu, the one in the post is from a couple of years ago, and I cannot announce with certainty any of the changes, as I ordered the same thing every time I was in the place (with the exception of the one experiment with the Mega Burger.)

The next time I am in Boston I will take the Dane96 challenge, and try the top 4 in order.

It must be noted, however, that I have brought many parties to Regina's, and have had strong reviews.  One accomplice called me the next day referencing his nocturnal emissions from dreaming about the pizza.  I tried to understand, but I think he may have had an extremely powerful reaction.

As for the Eagle's menu, the one in the post is from a couple of years ago, and I cannot announce with certainty any of the changes, as I ordered the same thing every time I was in the place (with the exception of the one experiment with the Mega Burger.)

18441[/snapback]

If you are into Hot Dogs there are a few decent places as well, however a 1 hour trek north to Flo's is totally worth the trip (next to Kittery Trading Post...and another in York, ME). In fact, we made a Flo's trip on the way back from the Siena game.

My favorite's in the Albany area are Gus's and a bit up north in Glen's Falls, MIKES, known among the regulars as getting a "Dirty Dog" (two on one, three on one, three on two, or five on three).

If you are into Hot Dogs there are a few decent places as well, however a 1 hour trek north to Flo's is totally worth the trip (next to Kittery Trading Post...and another in York, ME).  In fact, we made a Flo's trip on the way back from the Siena game.

My favorite's in the Albany area are Gus's and a bit up north in Glen's Falls, MIKES, known among the regulars as getting a "Dirty Dog" (two on one, three on one, three on two, or five on three).

18442[/snapback]

I love the dogs, but I have found their availability in Boston to be quite disappointing. In fact, when I asked one employee at Stop and Shop if they sold meat sauce for hot dogs, I was told "We don't do that out here." So, I used to pick up Hot Dog Charlie's sauce on my trips to New York.

I am hopng that your dog suggestions do not involve 'Junkyard Dogs' in Brighton.

Also, one of these days you will have to explain to me how a trip from Albany back to Boston ends up cutting through Kittery, Maine. I saw you posted it earlier, and I was going to give you a hard time, but I exercised restraint.

If you are into Hot Dogs there are a few decent places as well, however a 1 hour trek north to Flo's is totally worth the trip (next to Kittery Trading Post...and another in York, ME).  In fact, we made a Flo's trip on the way back from the Siena game.

18442[/snapback]

I love the dogs, but I have found their availability in Boston to be quite disappointing. In fact, when I asked one employee at Stop and Shop if they sold meat sauce for hot dogs, I was told "We don't do that out here." So, I used to pick up Hot Dog Charlie's sauce on my trips to New York.

I am hopng that your dog suggestions do not involve 'Junkyard Dogs' in Brighton.

Also, one of these days you will have to explain to me how a trip from Albany back to Boston ends up cutting through Kittery, Maine. I saw you posted it earlier, and I was going to give you a hard time, but I exercised restraint.

18445[/snapback]

Junkyard Dogs suck ass. If you like mini-dogs...go to Gus' in the Capital District.

Kittery: My buddy was supposed to work at Marblehead Outfitters for the night but they didnt need him and we had just passed the Lenox Outlets...too far to turn back and Sunday was gorgeous. I asked if he knew of good dogs in Amherst/Northhampton and he said no..but let's go to Flo's. He was driving so I didnt care.

Ended up with 3 dogs with their special sauce (including celery salt) and chili cheese nachos. Got a few powerball tickets and a clay pigeon thrower, fulfilling my inner hillbilly needs.

All in all was a good 24 hours...but for the UA loss.

Archived