UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting class of '07

When is the recruiting class usually announced. I know that Vermont has already announced it's class, don't know if any others did. When do we typically get a statement/announcement? The reason I ask is, I'm wondering if Chauncey Gilliam will be signed and included in the class. The latest information I can find is that he has verballed but it's been this way for some time now. As of right now we know that Raffa, Allen and Ambrose are confirmed, Gilliam appears to be the wild card of the class. Scouts.com for what it's worth has rated him with a score of 75 "70-79: Good Prospect - Player does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the country. Could become a good starter at the Division I level. Raffa is also a 75! This information was posted before but Allen was rated 81 before signing with UA then was brought down to 71 (shows the credibility of these ratings)! Anyway, when should we look for an announcement? Also, I'm not sure if some will be walkons or what, but we only have 2 seniors and perhaps Baumen graduating early so if coach brings in 4 guys at least one will have to pay his own way if I'm not mistaken. Just some thoughts as our next game is 2 days out.

OT: Wasn't happy that Vermont won last night. But we can't rely on someone to beat them, we can take care of it ourselves by winning our games and most importantly at this point beat them on our own floor.

When is the recruiting class usually announced. I know that Vermont has already announced it's class, don't know if any others did. When do we typically get a statement/announcement? The reason I ask is, I'm wondering if Chauncey Gilliam will be signed and included in the class. The latest information I can find is that he has verballed but it's been this way for some time now. As of right now we know that Raffa, Allen and Ambrose are confirmed, Gilliam appears to be the wild card of the class. Scouts.com for what it's worth has rated him with a score of 75 "70-79: Good Prospect - Player does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the country. Could become a good starter at the Division I level. Raffa is also a 75! This information was posted before but Allen was rated 81 before signing with UA then was brought down to 71 (shows the credibility of these ratings)! Anyway, when should we look for an announcement? Also, I'm not sure if some will be walkons or what, but we only have 2 seniors and perhaps Baumen graduating early so if coach brings in 4 guys at least one will have to pay his own way if I'm not mistaken. Just some thoughts as our next game is 2 days out.

OT: Wasn't happy that Vermont won last night. But we can't rely on someone to beat them, we can take care of it ourselves by winning our games and most importantly at this point beat them on our own floor.

How many scholarships do we have to offer this year? I know there are 2 definitely, 3 if Bauman graduates. I know Luke Weaver of CBA who will come to UAlbany on a partial Football scholarship, plans to walk on in Basketball. Coach Ford has already discussed the logistics of this with Coach Brown. As far as Chauncey goes, I did not even know he was on Coach Brown's radar, let alone a scholarship offer.

Raffa and Allen already signed LOIs as was announced by UA. I don't imagine there would be an annoucement about Ambrose until next year when he's on the roster. That should be quite a trio.

When Chauncey Gilliam orginally verballed they said he would graduate this year but prep for a year and come to UA in the 08 class. In that case he couldn't sign and LOI until next fall or possibly do what a Hofstra recruit did, sign a LOI, go to prep school and then sign another LOI.

Archived