UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CCSU to take on Western Michigan (FBS aka IA school)

Announced by CCSU fans on anygivensaturday.com. Nothing officially confirmed by either school though.

This is a huge step up for NEC teams. Western Michigan is an FBS school (formerly IA) and won 8 games last year and went to a bowl game.

Is Buffalo in Albany's future maybe??? I'd love to see that game, but only when we are competitive.

Announced by CCSU fans on anygivensaturday.com. Nothing officially confirmed by either school though.

This is a huge step up for NEC teams. Western Michigan is an FBS school (formerly IA) and won 8 games last year and went to a bowl game.

Is Buffalo in Albany's future maybe??? I'd love to see that game, but only when we are competitive.

Until the NEC (or whatever league we're in) allows 57 rides, I'll believe this when I see the official announcement.

Until the NEC (or whatever league we're in) allows 57 rides, I'll believe this when I see the official announcement.

Agreed...this game AINT HAPPENING. It would not count as a DI game for Western, who in a weak MAC is in striking distance of a bowl bid.

Bring on UB!

It's no more of a challenge for us than it was for them to play Auburn last year. SEC Auburn at home... Y'all, UB has balls to schedule that game.

Bring on UB!

It's no more of a challenge for us than it was for them to play Auburn last year. SEC Auburn at home... Y'all, UB has balls to schedule that game.

It would not count as a IA game for the bowls for UB. Until we get to 63 rides...that game is not happening!

• 2 weeks later...
There are 2 things I have to say about this game

1 Why?

Cash

and

2 OUCH - this game is going to hurt CCSU - Western Mich is not the same as UB

probably, but that's why you take the money

They are getting 150k.

$150,000 isn't enough if you ask me. We'll probably get about $125,000 to play at Montana. I like our game much better.

Agreed. 150k endows about 5 scholarships. Whoopeee. This has the potential to be very embarrassing. If CCSU (or, in the alternative, Albany) had 45 rides...I would be cool with this game.

A 20 ride team versus a full scholarship team...is assinine.

Archived