UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany 8 Hopkins 7 FINAL

Good article:

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm?pag...;storyid=150170

The victory also came in spite of the fact that the Danes spent an entire week living out of a hotel room in Baltimore. On Valentine’s Day, just a week and half before the game, a massive snow storm buried the entire city of Albany (one local news station dubbed it the “Valentine’s Day Massacre”). The university’s practice fields would be unusable for most of that time.

Hopkins is ranked #1 right?

Not any more!! :lol::lol::lol:

OK so I've officially begun to despise the TimesUseless again.

Loudonville Day School gets beat by Marist in a crappy MAAC game and gets a news bulleting on the front page of www.timesunion.com.

Our lacrosse team beats the #1 team in the country and not a word on the TU site yet??????

What gives?

Loudonville Day School gets beat by Marist in a crappy MAAC game and gets a news bulleting on the front page of www.timesunion.com.

Our lacrosse team beats the #1 team in the country and not a word on the TU site yet??????

What gives?

Second rate paper covering third rate team

What gives?

Boycott the TU--and the TU Center

What gives?

I understand your frustration, but things are not going to change any time in the near future. Men's college basketball sells well in the Capital District because there are a lot of fans and general interest. Lacrosse simply does not get that kind of respect. You have to also see that the Marist-Siena game has been sold out for quite a while; it's only natural that the TU gives the game that kind of coverage. At least be happy that Siena lost. How many people attended the UA-JHU game? Only 1760 did. It's not as high as attended today's basketball game where a large number of people presumably made the trip down to Poughkeepsie. The game was also important because a regular-season league championship was at stake.

Should there have been some mention of the result in the paper online? Maybe, but there should be good coverage tomorrow for the whole Capital District to see. At least UA is not a one-trick pony.

Be patient. And remember, too, the extensive and great two-week coverage UA received last March. The TU really outdid itself. Let's hope it happens again beginning next week.

What gives?

Boycott the TU--and the TU Center

The TU made amends--of sorts---at least we have the small banner headline atop the front of this morning's Sports section.

The big story is still Siena-Marist.

[ The TU made amends--of sorts---at least we have the small banner headline atop the front of this morning's Sports section.

The big story is still Siena-Marist.

Not to me. I am thankful I can find news on any game I want on the internet and not have to rely on second rate newspaper for my sports

Archived