UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pub/Bar Recomendations near BUMA

I know the Alumni Assocation is hosting a get together before the game at the Hilton but Lady DP and I aren't on the bus trip and will be staying somewhere else. I was wondering if anyone in the know about Boston can tell us of a good place to get a burger and a dark beer before the game on Saturday in walking distance near BU. Thanks in advance and if you meet us there I'll buy you a beer in gratitude.

I know the Alumni Assocation is hosting a get together before the game at the Hilton but Lady DP and I aren't on the bus trip and will be staying somewhere else. I was wondering if anyone in the know about Boston can tell us of a good place to get a burger and a dark beer before the game on Saturday in walking distance near BU. Thanks in advance and if you meet us there I'll buy you a beer in gratitude.

Everyone says T's pub...i say the place sucks. Basically, it is a cross between THE LAMPOST and Sadie's.

My suggestion.....take a cab...right past agganis (about 1 mile) and hit Sunset Tap and Grill. YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. It has so many Beers on tap...your head will spin. The food is pretty good too. Anyone in Boston who has been there...loves it.

Also, another quickie cab right...to Washington Sq...takes you to the Publik House. Place rocks...closest thing to Belgium. BEER...AFTER BEER...with an Irish pub feel...and the food rocks. Across the street...you got the Washington Tavern. Not as many beers and it would be called a GASTRO PUB in London. A wee bit more "upscale" than the Publik House and Sunset....but trust me...I have boozed in hospital pants, a white t-shirt...baseball cap...and flip flops in the place.

Right by BU, other than T's pub (across the street from Agganis)...there isnt much. Call a cab from your hotel...and hit one of those three...they are institutions in Boston. Then head on over via cab (again...5 minutes for all three places to Agganis) to the site.

I hope we can all get a place to meet before, gulp, Sunday's game (if we make it).

Thanks for the all the suggestions 96 but the reason Weave gives is why I was hoping there was something close to BU. I was thinking we could find a place near the Arena and meet there before the game. I'm pretty sure we had an alumni event near there the last time the tourney was in Boston but can't remember what it was.

Thanks for the all the suggestions 96 but the reason Weave gives is why I was hoping there was something close to BU. I was thinking we could find a place near the Arena and meet there before the game. I'm pretty sure we had an alumni event near there the last time the tourney was in Boston but can't remember what it was.

Agganis is located a few blocks away from the old Case Gym. IN any event, the ONLY place near...is T's pub...and that is all. Not good food...but they have beer.

That being said...there are quick food options besides T's right there, from Chinese, to T.Anthony's, and others. Not great....but Ok.

Looks like I need to get a ticket for teh sessions....I am not going away (though I am going to miss the snow!!!)

See y'all in the Agganis.

As has been said, the only place REALLY close is T's Pub... which is a nice place but nothing special (except on Tuesday night's where I am a karaoke God). But a veritable village of bars is only a 5 minute walk away. Exit Agganis and take a right onto Commonwealth Ave... go two blocks and stay straight onto Brighton Ave... two blocks more and you're in a drinking mecca. Sunset, as has been mentioned, is not to be missed by any beer lover. And yes, great food (get the chive french fries). Other places to hit on that block are Whitehorse Tavern, Common Ground, Big City, and Our House. Used to be a great Irish pub called Kinvara that recently became something else. A good barbeque joint called Soulfire. Also on your walk back to Agganis, stop at Spike's Junkyard Dog... awesome hotdogs with very creative topping combinations. And the poster above is also correct about Publick House, it's great... I live a block away from it... but it can be very hard to get into at any reasonable time.

I believe the place that the Alumni evant was held at is the Sunset Cantina at 916 Commonwealth

I believe the place that the Alumni evant was held at is the Sunset Cantina at 916 Commonwealth

Yes it was....and like condon stated..is not far..which is why I said sunset. It is more than 5 minutes....but less than a 15 minute walk. I gave it as my TOP suggestion. It is called the Sunset Tap and Grill...and Big City is right next door (awesome pool hall...with good booze and decent food). Sunset...is my SUNDAY place when I venture out to the 'burbs (yes....living 4 miles away on the Green line it is the 'BURBS because the B line is the slowest trolly/train in the history of man-kind....it is like Fred Flinstone drives the thing.)

I am starting my drinking...TONIGHT!!!!! G-d help Laubenstein if we get him...and I am on a roll.

Thanks Sarge. If I remember correctly that place is about a block and a half away from the Arena. Proximity is the most important factor before the game because I want to get there in time. After the game and on Sunday we'll venture out to some of the places mentioned. I'm regretting now not taking Friday off and heading over today for an extra day.

If anyone wants to meet us we'll plan on being at the Cantina around 4:15 or 4:30 for some pregame fueling.

Sunset Cantina is not the same place as Sunset Bar and Grill, though obviously it is the same ownership. I've never been to the cantina, but from what I know it's smaller and I don't think it has the same beer selection. Cantina would be a few minute walk to the left, into BU's campus, while the Bar and Grill would be a few minute walk to the right, away from BU.

Archived