UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bus Trip to Vermont

I'm going! Having not taken a bus trip since junior high school, I have a couple dumb questions: does the bus stop at all along the way (i.e., rest stops, food stops). What should we bring? Can we bring anything with us (i.e., laptops, beer, the UMBC dance team) ? Can we leave those items on the bus during the game? What is Patrick Gym like? Based on the video of the game from earlier this year, available at the A.E. Website, it looks like a standard high school gym. No?

Anyone know how ticket sales are going? I really hope we sell all 600 tickets. It would be a little silly if we had to turn some of those 600 tickets over to Vermont. Remember, tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday morning, so nothing will stop Vermont fans from buying OUR 600 TICKETS on Thursday from OUR TICKET OFFICE. We need season ticket holders and students to snatch all of them up by Thursday!!!!

Another question: I noticed Siena students had a bus available to them for the MAAC final. Will UAlbany students have a bus afforded to them for transportation to the Vermont game? In other words, is the Alumni Association bus for both alumni and students, or will there be more than one bus, etc.?

I'm going! Having not taken a bus trip since junior high school, I have a couple dumb questions: does the bus stop at all along the way (i.e., rest stops, food stops). What should we bring? Can we bring anything with us (i.e., laptops, beer, the UMBC dance team) ? Can we leave those items on the bus during the game? What is Patrick Gym like? Based on the video of the game from earlier this year, available at the A.E. Website, it looks like a standard high school gym. No?

Anyone know how ticket sales are going? I really hope we sell all 600 tickets. It would be a little silly if we had to turn some of those 600 tickets over to Vermont. Remember, tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday morning, so nothing will stop Vermont fans from buying OUR 600 TICKETS on Thursday from OUR TICKET OFFICE. We need season ticket holders and students to snatch all of them up by Thursday!!!!

In other words, is the Alumni Association bus for both alumni and students, or will there be more than one bus, etc.?

No stops (it's only a 3-hour ride, and there's toilet on the bus). Beer is recommended. Not a lot of room for a laptop. Save your lap for the dance team if you can get them. You can leave them on the bus.

Yes, a high school gym. No seatbacks. Even their season ticket holders have only a molded plastic seat, no backs. Seat cushions are helpful. It will be warm inside.

If you know a Varsity club member you can go as their guest ($55) if the bus hasn't filled up yet. We started signing up on the ride back from Boston.

UVM won't sell tickets on the phone, so I don't know why we should, unless we restrict it by zip code.

In other words, is the Alumni Association bus for both alumni and students, or will there be more than one bus, etc.?

No stops (it's only a 3-hour ride, and there's toilet on the bus). Beer is recommended. Not a lot of room for a laptop. Save your lap for the dance team if you can get them. You can leave them on the bus.

Yes, a high school gym. No seatbacks. Even their season ticket holders have only a molded plastic seat, no backs. Seat cushions are helpful. It will be warm inside.

If you know a Varsity club member you can go as their guest ($55) if the bus hasn't filled up yet. We started signing up on the ride back from Boston.

UVM won't sell tickets on the phone, so I don't know why we should, unless we restrict it by zip code.

Yup, I'm a V.C. member, but it'll just be me going (no guest). Thanks for the info and suggestions. I wasn't sure about the beer because it's a school-sponsored event, etc.

How are the concessions at Vermont? Maybe I should bring some food for the bus ... .

My understanding is the 600 tickets includes team members, cheerleaders, pep band, dance team?, families, athletic staff, ---then students and alumni.

Students will have buses----so get your tickets quickly.

The 600 tickets probably won't include the actual players or cheerleaders of course, but my guess is that the 600 tickets would include the pep band members, who have to sit in the crowd. BTW, the pep band was fantastic in Boston! It was nice to see a couple of them join in with the UMBC band too! Yet another reason why I love college sports and its atmosphere over pro sports!!

The UVM concession is readily accessible to the seating section right behind our bench. The food is reasonably priced. Their set up is very efficient. the lines move quickly. good Hot Dogs. They even had soup and chowder when we were there in January.

My understanding is the 600 tickets includes team members, cheerleaders, pep band, dance team?, families, athletic staff, ---then students and alumni.

Students will have buses----so get your tickets quickly.

The 600 tickets probably won't include the actual players or cheerleaders of course, but my guess is that the 600 tickets would include the pep band members, who have to sit in the crowd. BTW, the pep band was fantastic in Boston! It was nice to see a couple of them join in with the UMBC band too! Yet another reason why I love college sports and its atmosphere over pro sports!!

Hey there UA MA 2000 On behalf of the Pep band (Of which I am a member as well)... Thanks so much for the compliment on our playing in Boston...We will be right there with all of you in Burlington rooting the Danes on!

Yup, I'm a V.C. member, but it'll just be me going (no guest). Thanks for the info and suggestions. I wasn't sure about the beer because it's a school-sponsored event, etc.

How are the concessions at Vermont? Maybe I should bring some food for the bus ... .

I plan on bringing food for the bus. As other have said the hot dogs are pretty good, but it is not like you are going to have a real lunch. I will probably bring a sub for the bus and eat wings at the pub when we get back.

I plan on bringing food for the bus. As other have said the hot dogs are pretty good, but it is not like you are going to have a real lunch. I will probably bring a sub for the bus and eat wings at the pub when we get back.

After we win, wings won't be the only thing that I consume at the Pub upon our return!

Archived