UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Losing Brown

I must have missed something Bob is Albany in the NCAA now? I thought they lost Friday. As for talking about Brown, Since MARK SINGELAIS, is writing about Brown being a hot item, why not talk about it. All McElroy has to do is offer Brown an increase up to 225K or so and put a 200K buy out clause in the contract. Which basically means if Brown leaves before the contract is up he owes the university 200K, what that does is effectively lock out other mid majors from Poaching your coach. Should be interesting to see if McElroy is serious about Ualb hoops and keeping Brown

You miss quite a bit.

It is one thing for our fans to have a discussion about things, but when a troublemaker posts crap like "Besides with Brown at Albany, it is good for a Siena win every year. Does Brown ever beat Siena? He certainly can’t beat Fran. " he ought to expect to be shot down. This is very similar to the crap that we heard before last week about winning in Vermont. As someone here pointed out it was not that UA can not win at Vermont it was they had yet to win at Vermont before last Saturday. Same thing applies with the Siena series except Albany has already beaten Siena and that game doesn't have nearly the significance of the NCAA tournament. Actually Siena should be worried because the highlight of their season the last 2 years has been Overtime regular season wins over UAlbany while Albany has grown to the point that the Siena game is no longer our measuring stick. We have bigger goals than an Albany cup and we have achieved back to back NCAA tournament appearances. I can't remember Siena ever accomplishing that.

Lastly we heard this same crap from Siena fans last year about the coach before Brown signed the 5 year deal. We will see how it plays out and if you LCC fans want to obsess over UA , you ought to keep it on the LCC board where Albany fans are not allowed to disagree with you.

Wow Bob you have a lot of anger. Expect to shot down? First of all you aint shooting anyone down., Secondly all I did was speak the truth , Brown hasn’t beaten Fran evidently that bothers you? Can’t say I blame you. Third I said that tongue in cheek, obviously you have no sense of humor. Some of you guys kill me, and its not just Albany guys its Siena guys also, you really can’t stand one another. Oh well you’ve never heard me say anything negative about Will Brown, nor did I say anything about Albany winning in Vermont . So don’t try one of your famous “spin” jobs and throw me in the anti Albany or Will Brown group. I think he’s a terrific coach. Leave me out of your anti Siena crusade.

. . . As someone here pointed out it was not that UA can not win at Vermont it was they had yet to win at Vermont before last Saturday. Same thing applies with the Siena series except Albany has already beaten Siena and that game doesn't have nearly the significance of the NCAA tournament. Actually Siena should be worried because the highlight of their season the last 2 years has been Overtime regular season wins over UAlbany while Albany has grown to the point that the Siena game is no longer our measuring stick. We have bigger goals than an Albany cup and we have achieved back to back NCAA tournament appearances. I can't remember Siena ever accomplishing that.

Lastly we heard this same crap from Siena fans last year about the coach before Brown signed the 5 year deal. We will see how it plays out and if you LCC fans want to obsess over UA , you ought to keep it on the LCC board where Albany fans are not allowed to disagree with you.

It's been fun the last couple years watching the program mature. Barely four years ago, we were desperate to win any game and could muster only 5 total victories.

Last year we gave three of the best teams in the country fits. We were basically tied with the eventual national champion Florida after three quarters. We were down by a bucket against UCLA with less than a minute left in the game. We had a 12-point lead against the consensus early- and mid-season national champion UConn. I now use these schools as our measuring stick, instead of more local or regional schools. And I don't care whether we won those games or not. The point is that last year's team had improved so much that it could not be compared with a team that was ranked in the bottom 20 of 332 or 330 national teams just a couple years beforehand.

As far as Coach Brown is concerned, you hear very little on prospects of other coaches leaving their schools, although in the last couple days we've heard things about Lonergan. I just suspect what really motivates posters from other schools to comment on Brown's situation. Remember, about 14 months ago some of the same posters were wondering whether UAlbany would retain Brown's services.

Wow Bob you have a lot of anger. Expect to shot down? First of all you aint shooting anyone down., Secondly all I did was speak the truth , Brown hasn’t beaten Fran evidently that bothers you? Can’t say I blame you. Third I said that tongue in cheek, obviously you have no sense of humor. Some of you guys kill me, and its not just Albany guys its Siena guys also, you really can’t stand one another. Oh well you’ve never heard me say anything negative about Will Brown, nor did I say anything about Albany winning in Vermont . So don’t try one of your famous “spin” jobs and throw me in the anti Albany or Will Brown group. I think he’s a terrific coach. Leave me out of your anti Siena crusade.

Sorry that I am not in the mood for your LCC propaganda and if I did not interpret the following as pro Will Brown "Besides with Brown at Albany, it is good for a Siena win every year. Does Brown ever beat Siena? He certainly can’t beat Fran. "

This team has accomplished a lot. They won 20 games in a row for the second straight year and became the first team in the Albany area to go to the NCAA basketball tournament 2 straight years. That fact alone caused how many jealous posts on your message board. I have no problem with that as long as it stays over there. Nor do I have any complaints about which games the team won and which they lost and how they measure up to any team in the country compared to just a few short years ago. They were 23-10 and in the NCAA's .

But in the last 2 days I lost my patience with Siena fans who show no class in posts on this board by posting speculation about coach Brown just because they want to stir up trouble.

For Bob87 – do not let the jealousy of others and the fact that our neighbors are obsessed with us upset you, it’s a backhanded compliment. They knock our team, our conference, our coach, our media coverage, etc, etc etc..

There are good respectful fans on both sides and then there are the others, don’t ever let the “others” get to you.

Eight years ago we weren’t even a thought in their DI mind, they believed it would take decades for UA to be able to compete with them for the attention of the Capitol Region fans. Now for the last 2 years in March we have dominated the local scene.

They don’t want to even recognize how far we’ve come and how quickly we have developed and we shouldn’t care about what they think, because they are insignificant.

We know where we’ve come from and what we’ve accomplished. We just have to be happy with UA’s accomplishments and allow those neighbor’s who are envious to avoid the facts and rely on their history of long ago successes and innuendo.

Here are the basic facts for those living in recent times (the last 3 years)........

1. The AE has been higher ranked by the non bias RPI 2 of the past 3 years

2. Each of the past 3 seasons UA has had a better RPI then Siena.

3. Over the last 3 seasons UA has won 57 games while Siena has won 41

4. UA has been in 2 nationally televised "Bracketbuster Games" Siena has been in none.

5. UA has been seeded 2nd, 1st and 4th in their Conference Tourney while Siena hasn’t been seeded higher then 4th.

6. UA has won a regular season Conference Title while Siena hasn’t.

7. UA has back to back NCAA appearances Siena has none, zero, zippo

8. UA has back to back Conference Tourney Championships Siena has none, zero, zippo

9. In the most recent College Hoopnet Mid Major poll UA was ranked 21st and Siena wasn't ranked.

10. We are begining to fill SEFCU and are trying to plan for expansion while they are looking to apron off sections of the TUC to consolidate their fans in the large cavern they call home, attempting to make a college like environment.

Instead of being excited that the area had 2 twenty game winning DI teams some envious fans try to knock their cross town rivals.

When you have been as successful as UA has been, the envious people will always try to undermine that success.

From my point of view we have arrived as a solid program and there is no reason why the region can't have to solid programs, it's only better for the local community of Hoop Fans who aren't affiliated with either school.

Archived