UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Losing Brown

Allot of conversation on the AE board of Brown potentially moving on. I know he has aspirations to coach in a better confrence etc. Does it happen this year? And if it does, how many steps back should we expect to take? As a fan I haven't know any other coach (only been following the team for 2 years), this proposition scares me to death. Anyone else very nervous?

Allot of conversation on the AE board of Brown potentially moving on. I know he has aspirations to coach in a better confrence etc. Does it happen this year? And if it does, how many steps back should we expect to take? As a fan I haven't know any other coach (only been following the team for 2 years), this proposition scares me to death. Anyone else very nervous?

Holy $iena...people...give it a rest....on both boards. Take a breath...enjoy a few days away from basketball. There is being a fan...and being obsessed. Let's have Brown do what he does...which right now is coaching the Danes. If he leaves...we wish him well and find a replacement.

TAKE A BREAK!

As my mother always told me "what will be will be." Lets just take a day or two to reflect on this great year and let things unfold the way they will.

You guys are probably right, reading the AE board kind of made me nervous. What ever happens, happens. Sorry to disturb.

Relax....

Breathe...

In through the mouth, out through the nose.

Step away from the keyboard.

All of these things are easier said than done (I know that first hand).

I don't think that Coach is going anywhere and even if he does his mark on this program is permanent.

B9’s mom is right about this one.

Let things unfold as they will and move over to the spring sports and start getting obsessed with UA LAX.

The talk about Will leaving is just that...talk. Posters on the Siena board, or the AE board are hoping Will leaves UA, so their speculation and predictions amount to little more than wishful thinking.

"Media reports" are just rumors in print. There is no meat on the bones of these stories. (See, e.g., Singelais' article in the TU today.) "Brown could become a hot commodity", writes Singelais. This tells us nothing, and is not reporting. Singelais also writes "there is no guarantee Brown will be back..." and Brown "is being linked to the St. Bonaventure opening and could become a candidate for other jobs". Again, this states the obvious, as any good coach "could" become a candidate for another job.

As previously discussed, the Bonnie AD may be interested in Will, but I'd be surprised if Will is interested in that dead end job.

The only person who benefits from all this media and fan board speculation is Will Brown, since the perception he may leave gives him additional leverage to restructure his current contract. Good for Will, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I consider this one of the signs our program has arrived. Jealous fans from other teams talking about how our coach will leave so they might finally have a chance to win the conference :D

My only concern would be that other coaches might use it against us in recruiting but hopefully most kids would see through that anyway.

For anyone that's concerned just a reminder, two years ago the rumor, ( I think in Newsday) was that Coach Brown might go to Stony Brook, last year it was supposedly Canisius, this year St. Bonaventure, next year might be that Duke is firing Coach K and Coach Brown will go there.

The talk about Will leaving is just that...talk. Posters on the Siena board, or the AE board are hoping Will leaves UA, so their speculation and predictions amount to little more than wishful thinking.

"Media reports" are just rumors in print. There is no meat on the bones of these stories. (See, e.g., Singelais' article in the TU today.) "Brown could become a hot commodity", writes Singelais. This tells us nothing, and is not reporting. Singelais also writes "there is no guarantee Brown will be back..." and Brown "is being linked to the St. Bonaventure opening and could become a candidate for other jobs". Again, this states the obvious, as any good coach "could" become a candidate for another job.

As previously discussed, the Bonnie AD may be interested in Will, but I'd be surprised if Will is interested in that dead end job.

The only person who benefits from all this media and fan board speculation is Will Brown, since the perception he may leave gives him additional leverage to restructure his current contract. Good for Will, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I certainly don’t hope Will Brown leaves Albany; he has done a tremendous job for Ualb. Besides with Brown at Albany, it is good for a Siena win every year. Does Brown ever beat Siena? He certainly can’t beat Fran. Most Siena fans hope he stays forever at Ualb, which will mean he is doing a mediocre job. The reality of the situation is if you do well at a low major you move up. And so what if Brown does move up, he brought respectability to your program and if he leaves it is a much more desirable head coaching job than when he arrived. What more can you ask?

While you may want Will to stay, anecdotal evidence in talking with Siena fans suggests you are the exception that proves the rule. In my experience, most Siena fans are frustrated by/resentful of all the success and attention UA has gotten, and they feel that if Will leaves, the program may fall even further than people expect in the post Jamar era.

Of course, you are right about the larger point, successful coaches at the AE or MAAC level move on to greener pastures (Hewitt being a prime example). My point was that nothing has happened yet, and chatter that Will Brown "may be" "could be" is "linked to" a particular job opening, doesn't mean anything. Siena sweetened the pot for McCaffrey last year, when they were afraid he would leave for the Penn job. A similar scenario may play out with Will this year.

Relax....

Breathe...

In through the mouth, out through the nose.

Step away from the keyboard.

All of these things are easier said than done (I know that first hand).

I don't think that Coach is going anywhere and even if he does his mark on this program is permanent.

B9’s mom is right about this one.

Let things unfold as they will and move over to the spring sports and start getting obsessed with UA LAX.

But, it you want to have a fun time, and can break away from taking everything seriously and personally to your program...

It's fun to watch the dominoes drop in the NCAA...the cascade that starts in a few more days...the AD's are all at the tournament, especially final four weekend. Tommy Amaker is the first to go...now, when his replacement is picked, after days of rumors (the fan forums are fun with these)...then that guys replacement gets all the attention and rumors. Have been on the inside of a couple of these and it's fun to see the difference between the media's list and the program's. This, by the way, is one of the reasons there are so few tickets available for fans at the final four...it's like a big job fair...AD's, SID's, coaches, etc, etc...all looking for jobs and being looked at for jobs.

I certainly don’t hope Will Brown leaves Albany; he has done a tremendous job for Ualb. Besides with Brown at Albany, it is good for a Siena win every year. Does Brown ever beat Siena? He certainly can’t beat Fran. Most Siena fans hope he stays forever at Ualb, which will mean he is doing a mediocre job. The reality of the situation is if you do well at a low major you move up. And so what if Brown does move up, he brought respectability to your program and if he leaves it is a much more desirable head coaching job than when he arrived. What more can you ask?

Coach Brown as well as all knowledgabe fans do not talk about December games in March. It is only fans of $iena teams that aren't in the NCAA that want to talk about December games now.

I had a great time in watching 6 NCAA games in the past few days and have a good time with fans from Virginia, Ohio State and Long Beach State just to name a few.

Even the few Siena fans I ran into in Buffalo were OK although I found it funny that one wondered why there were no Niagara fans in HBSC arena. Could it be that they went straight from Dayton to Chicago.

[

Coach Brown as well as all knowledgabe fans do not talk about December games in March. It is only fans of $iena teams that aren't in the NCAA that want to talk about December games now.

I had a great time in watching 6 NCAA games in the past few days and have a good time with fans from Virginia, Ohio State and Long Beach State just to name a few.

Even the few Siena fans I ran into in Buffalo were OK although I found it funny that one wondered why there were no Niagara fans in HBSC arena. Could it be that they went straight from Dayton to Chicago.

I must have missed something Bob is Albany in the NCAA now? I thought they lost Friday. As for talking about Brown, Since MARK SINGELAIS, is writing about Brown being a hot item, why not talk about it. All McElroy has to do is offer Brown an increase up to 225K or so and put a 200K buy out clause in the contract. Which basically means if Brown leaves before the contract is up he owes the university 200K, what that does is effectively lock out other mid majors from Poaching your coach. Should be interesting to see if McElroy is serious about Ualb hoops and keeping Brown

Archived