UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach on Wylands show

Not much new from Will today. He said UVa played their "A" game, UA players didn't know how to respond to the 1 for 13 shooting start and never had such a bad start.

Raffa is one of the best point guards in N.J. and has a chance to be a "special player". Returning players need to improve in the off season for UA to compete next year. BU should be favored next year, along with UVM.

On Will's future: He likes UA job, his wife and family like the area. He aspires to coach "at the highest level", i.e., at a BCS school where he can compete for a national championship.

He won't leave just for money. Looking for a place which is good for his family, and where he can win consistently.

He plans to take a couple of days off, and then hit the road for recruiting.

Not much new from Will today. He said UVa played their "A" game, UA players didn't know how to respond to the 1 for 13 shooting start and never had such a bad start.

Raffa is one of the best point guards in N.J. and has a chance to be a "special player". Returning players need to improve in the off season for UA to compete next year. BU should be favored next year, along with UVM.

On Will's future: He likes UA job, his wife and family like the area. He aspires to coach "at the highest level", i.e., at a BCS school where he can compete for a national championship.

He won't leave just for money. Looking for a place which is good for his family, and where he can win consistently.

He plans to take a couple of days off, and then hit the road for recruiting.

does he have any ties to any BCS type schools....(former bosses or AD's) ?

you have to follow the connections to find his future path.

albany will be a big time school soon but I don't think he or many coaches have the patience to wait for payday

not that I know any inside info--but---I know eventually he will move on. I don't see him going to a St. Bona--he is too smart to bite into that one, and it would be in a conference that is a step up from America East. Like a CAA, Atlantic 10. maybe Big East, Big Ten. I could see him at a place like Penn State or Rutgers. I see Syracuse going for someone from within, like a Mike Hopkins. I don't think Boeheim is even close to calling it quits

not that I know any inside info--but---I know eventually he will move on. I don't see him going to a St. Bona--he is too smart to bite into that one, and it would be in a conference that is a step up from America East. Like a CAA, Atlantic 10. maybe Big East, Big Ten. I could see him at a place like Penn State or Rutgers. I see Syracuse going for someone from within, like a Mike Hopkins. I don't think Boeheim is even close to calling it quits

If and when that day comes, would UA consider promoting one of his assistants to be a HC (Eric Eaton)? It would be somewhat similar to the way he got to be a HC, his boss being fired. Not to mention the existing players would play for a coach they know and are comfortable with. Or would it be a nationwide search?

IDK enough about SU athletics to suggest that Brown would be a candidate, I was just thinking of big time programs (capable of winning national championships) based geography and Syracuse was the first to come to mind.

CUSE can win national championship again as that area loves their Orange.

boeheim is a good coach and a better recruiter IMO. He is tied to this area as evident by Forth and Mayben(never happened due to Mayben)

this Friday at the TUC you can watch sweet 16 for $100 and win a foursome with who.....boeheim...sponsored by the Albany City Rocks (best of the capital region) there is one pipeline for him.

He has several and many in NYC

One thing Brown has an advantage to jobs in the future is his success in NYC and New Jersey.

Archived