UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Announces 2007 Football Schedule

Here's what we have been waiting for.

September

1 (Sat.), at Colgate, 1:00;

8 (Sat.), at Fordham, TBA

15 (Sat.), Hofstra, 6:00

22 (Sat.), at Montana, 3:05

29 (Sat.), at Central Connecticut State*, TBA.

October

6 (Sat.), Stony Brook, 4:00

13 (Sat.), Sacred Heart* (HC), 4:00

20 (Sat.), at St. Francis, Pa.*, 1:00

27 (Sat.), at Wagner*, 1:00.

November

3 (Sat.), Robert Morris*, 1:00

10 (Sat.), at Monmouth*, 1:00.

10-1 and we are in the playoffs.

9-2 we are almost a lock.

8-3 with three losses to 3 highly ranked playoff teams and we might get in.

The only long shot is Montana. We were saying the same thing about Delaware this time last year. B)

Here's what we have been waiting for.

September

1 (Sat.), at Colgate, 1:00;

8 (Sat.), at Fordham, TBA

15 (Sat.), Hofstra, 6:00

22 (Sat.), at Montana, 3:05

29 (Sat.), at Central Connecticut State*, TBA.

October

6 (Sat.), Stony Brook, 4:00

13 (Sat.), Sacred Heart* (HC), 4:00

20 (Sat.), at St. Francis, Pa.*, 1:00

27 (Sat.), at Wagner*, 1:00.

November

3 (Sat.), Robert Morris*, 1:00

10 (Sat.), at Monmouth*, 1:00.

Any reason for our having what looks like a very unbalanced schedule? Having four home games to seven away games seems a little unfair, especially for a team that was briefly nationally ranked. Is our pathetic excuse for a field that much of a deterrant for out-of-conference opponents to visit?

We only get two league home games vs. four away because of Stony Brook dropping out, even though we play them at home OOC. For sure Montana would never come to University Field, and maybe not even the new stadium, as they and Delaware usually play seven home games. Hofstra and Fordham are in alternating-year contracts. Colgate might come here, but I don't know if this is a one-shot or multi-year deal.

I just hope we're picking up some IOUs for the future.

This has to be the last year of playing at University Field (more later). No way in hell does Montana, Delaware, App State or any named opponent come and play at this dump. Most of these programs would bring almost as many fans with them as we would have for a home game. Besides as UAalum pointed out these programs sell out home games to the tune of 23,000 most weeks and that is revenue for the their program.

We can't attract A-10 kids to play at this "HS stadium" after they have visited Delaware, UMASS, and God forgive me dare I say Stony Brook. The fact that Fordie has been able to get the Colin Disch's and Andre Coleman's is nothing less then a miracle and huge testiment to his recruiting abilities.

UA is in grave danger of losing players to its competitors. If something is not done and soon we will be a 6-5, 5-6, or a 4-7 team forever with no chance of playoffs even if we get into a league with an AQ (can you say Rhode Island or Georgetown). The only short term solution is to offer full schollys RIGHT NOW, even before the stadium is constructed!!!!!! Being an INDY is not the worst thing....so you struggle for games for 3 years, so what! Hofstra did it and ended up being a playoff team pretty quickly after the transition. SBU, although they rushed things IMHO did the right thing. They will spend and LOSE/WASTE big $ for travel etc. to play in the BS. It is true that no one will come to SBU to watch them play Gardner Webb, but they will leave the Big South when the "new confrence" is formed for a price in better shape then when they went in. In terms of being able to compete they will be ahead of UA. They have decided to committ the $. When they leave the BS for our new AE/CAA/whatever they will have had exposure in Southern States for players and will have played a good level of scholarship football plus all the OOC games against the Youngstown etc. They will lose $ but they will have us by 3 years when we get on = footing.

I want definitive info on the status of the stadium and scholarships. As I have said many times that I would like to see (if the stadium is not going to be started in 07) a renovated/enclosed/ redone University Field and full schollys and if that means Indy or BS so be it(see above for reasons why).

I know the goal is 63 rides and a new house and I as of right now believe it will come, but how long will it take? It is not a $ issue because this school has the funds and they need to commit like SBU did. Its been 7 or 8 years since we moved to FCS. It took Hofstra 5 , Coastal Carolina 3 and FAU and FIU have moved to BCS or whatever they call it in 6. WHAT IS THE DELAY??????????

Archived