UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

FOR THE LOVE OF G-D; Say it ain't so...it is a bad nightmare!!!

If memory serves they spilt the series last year. Its like in baseball somtimes the Yankees lose to the Devil Rays.

I get pissed when that happens too!

I don't. Actually I enjoy it when the D-Rays beat the Yankees. BTW I am going to 3 or 4 D-Ray games this season, no Yankee games.

As far as the softball, I caught the last couple of innings of the second game. The recap from the website

http://www.albany.edu/sports/stories.htm#soft07siena

Note the big hit was the triple that was well placed past the first baseman who was playing a little in to try to cut the run down at home and down the right field line. That happens sometimes. Anyway the recap.

The second game was tied at 1-1 heading into the seventh before Siena posted a four-run final inning to claim the win. Shortstop Kelly Boyle led off the frame with a single down the right field line and advanced to third on an error during Henrikson's at bat. UAlbany pitcher Leah McIntosh walked the next batter, and catcher Lauren Weingart tripled to right to drive in the three runners.

Stacy Landini, pinch-hitting for the Saints, drove in Stacie Sueda, who came in to run for Weingart at third, with an RBI-single. McIntosh struck out McNulty to end the Saints' half of the inning, and UAlbany attempted a comeback of its own.

The Great Danes were able to score two runs as Maisonet drove in Shane Pais and Leanne Tillman. Freshman right-hander Lauren Shaheen, who earned a complete-game win for Siena (1-10), fanned Kelly Ogden to close out the game.

McIntosh finished with five strikeouts for the Great Danes, while Shaheen also fanned five for the Saints.

UAlbany will kick off America East Conference play on Saturday with a doubleheader at Boston U., starting at 1

Archived