UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracket buster 2k8

Well I hope we do, but since next year will be a rebuilding year and the chances of us getting a TV game are much lower do people think its worth rolling the dice a third time to see what we get?

I don't see any negative in it. If we're too weak, we won't get as strong an opponent.

Well I hope we do, but since next year will be a rebuilding year and the chances of us getting a TV game are much lower do people think its worth rolling the dice a third time to see what we get?

I don't see any negative in it. If we're too weak, we won't get as strong an opponent.

As I understand it ,the conference either had input or selected the 2 eligible teams the last few years. They have done a good job with that Vermont, Albany and Albany being picked for TV games the last 3 years. With the AE picking only teams that would have a chance at a TV game you don't have to worry about having real weak teams in the non TV games unlike the weak maac which had a few joke teams playing other joke teams in the non TV games.

First I wouldn't say it's going to be a rebuilding year. We lost two players. Granted both starters and AE POY in Wilson, but we a lot of experience and talent coming back. Look at Vermont when they lost TJ and Taylor. They were one win away from going back to the Tourney thanks to us.

Second, tv games aren't decided until the week before the games. If we're winning we might get something. If we're not that attractive we won't get a tv game. It will still give us two games against another mid-major team (one and one).

Per Coach's own words, the emphasis is on "reloading", not "rebuilding." We're already "built" and we have 10 (if someone rumored on this Board to transfer does in fact transfer) or 11 players returning!! :)

Hey I hope we can get to the point where we just reload and compete for another AE championship ever year. I think Brown realizes we have a chance, which is why he didn't go out to SBU. I guess I'm just being reserved in my expectations for next year. BTW I didn't know the confrence picks the teams that go into the bracketbuster thanks for that info.

It is nice that 9 maybe 10 players will return, and five of those players will be seniors.

Hey I hope we can get to the point where we just reload and compete for another AE championship ever year. I think Brown realizes we have a chance, which is why he didn't go out to SBU. I guess I'm just being reserved in my expectations for next year. BTW I didn't know the confrence picks the teams that go into the bracketbuster thanks for that info.

It is nice that 9 maybe 10 players will return, and five of those players will be seniors.

It's tough to lose one's starting backcourt (Wilson & Siggers); on the other hand, it's exciting to see the new recruits come in and the returning players being given the "green light" (hopefully), so to speak, to score more (out of necessity!). I think we're going to see great things from many, if not all, of the returning players. Our entire frontcourt comes back as well, which adds another year to their "belts."

Archived