UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Raffa and Martin

Nice find DP, thanks. Coach Brown has said in the past that he doesn't necessarily look for position players but players. Reading this article it would seem to support that proposition, the fact that these two guys could be interchangeable at the 1 or 2.

But from the story: "Raffa, one of the fastest players I've seen in the last 25 years, still is not academically eligible to play next season and won't know his status until the end of the school year."

Prop 48?

But from the story: "Raffa, one of the fastest players I've seen in the last 25 years, still is not academically eligible to play next season and won't know his status until the end of the school year."

Prop 48?

I think it's great to have a little insurance, if by some chance he doesn't come (or ineligible), we still have a very nice player running the point, should be minimal if any drop-off. End of the school year is in a two or three weeks, so we should know definitively quite soon.

???

(Brown called Tuesday night to confirm the Martin signing and add that fall signee Anthony Raffa, also a point guard, is still coming to UAlbany, despite Internet rumors to the contrary.)

Maybe Raffa is coming to UA the same way that Ambrose came to UA this past year - as a non-qualifier. That would help explain the scholarship situation...

Would be great if someone would just clear this up.

Archived