UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT Siena improves its schedule

Our neighbors just picked up a great game with Memphis for January.

Hopefully it's on TV so the Capital Hoop Fans can see it.

The "Crown Jewel of the MAAC" with its tarp covered stands at the beautiful TUC/Pepsi/Knick Arena couldn't entice Memphis to return the game in Albany.

I wonder if Siena is feeling the pressure from UA get so much more national exposure.

I'm not sure who else they play but with home games against Stanford, St. Joes and Albany along with this game they do have a very nice schedule for next year. From their perspective the only thing I wouldn't be crazy about is that looks like it will fall in the middle of their conference schedule. The Bracketbuster has been very good to us so I'd never complain about it but other than BB I'm not a big fan of non-conference games during the conference schedule.

It's a great game for them just as the Duke game is a great one for us. Although our game will be on ESPN.

It's just funny to watch KnickSaint, Tony etc. do a round about after the condescending remarks made about our meeting with Duke. You know the ones, "should be a real slug fest" - Tony and "We should all be growing our nails so there will be enough to bite while we watch that game." - KnickSaint. How completely asinine are their comments looking back.

It's a great game for them just as the Duke game is a great one for us. Although our game will be on ESPN.

It's just funny to watch KnickSaint, Tony etc. do a round about after the condescending remarks made about our meeting with Duke. You know the ones, "should be a real slug fest" - Tony and "We should all be growing our nails so there will be enough to bite while we watch that game." - KnickSaint. How completely asinine are their comments looking back.

I don't think that we will have to look too far back; I'm sure that the usual LCC suspects will proclaim something equally perverse in the coming days. Re: Memphis, sounds like a good matchup. The FedEx Forum should be a fun place to play (didn't it used to be called the Pyramid or something like that?).

First of all, Memphis isn't Duke.

And B). The UA-Duke game may not be a nail biter, but at least the world will have an opportunity to watch it on national television. Its been a while since ESPN, 2, U, 360, or even the OCHO, considered Siena broadcast-worthy.

And 3). Having to gift wrap half your home crib in hefty bags doesn't really speak much about a successful program. And remember, they only unwrap on December 1.

And B). The UA-Duke game may not be a nail biter, but at least the world will have an opportunity to watch it on national television. Its been a while since ESPN, 2, U, 360, or even the OCHO, considered Siena broadcast-worthy.

And 3). Having to gift wrap half your home crib in hefty bags doesn't really speak much about a successful program. And remember, they only unwrap on December 1.

KingDane,

They were on TV last season playing Marist, it was actually a decent game. They lost!

KingDane,

They were on TV last season playing Marist, it was actually a decent game. They lost!

I was at that televised OT game at Marist College (ESPN2?), sitting at half court! It was a great game! I have never felt so squeezed in during my entire life, as the assigned seats on the bleachers are made for very tiny and very thin people (I'm 6'2" and 190 lbs, so I'm pretty thin, but I still was squished); however, that gym was nothing but electricity and heat (they passed out towels, which I used to wipe the continuous sweat from my forehead). I enjoyed the "NBA" chants when Jordan shot free throws. Nonetheless, I enjoyed rushing the court with the students to celebrate a heartbreaking Siena loss and a conference title for the Red Foxes! If anyone wants pictures from that Marist vs. Siena game or UAlbany games (including videos) in general (AE Tourney, including UVM Title game, BPG, etc.), feel free to PM me, and I can give you the link to my myspace page where you can find all kinds of UAlbany goodies if you also have a page.

KingDane,

Yes the 10 minutes I watched of the Marist game while the UA game was at halftime were quite good. In my opinion,the Siena game was the 3rd best game on ESPN that early afternoon behind the UA game on ESPNU and the Syracuse game on ESPN. Also, remember while Siena occasionally gets their basketball team on TV, I don't think Siena has had a team on TV in any other sport while UA had at least 3 teams on TV a minimum of 2 times each this past season.

KingDane,

Yes the 10 minutes I watched of the Marist game while the UA game was at halftime were quite good. In my opinion,the Siena game was the 3rd best game on ESPN that early afternoon behind the UA game on ESPNU and the Syracuse game on ESPN. Also, remember while Siena occasionally gets their basketball team on TV, I don't think Siena has had a team on TV in any other sport while UA had at least 3 teams on TV a minimum of 2 times each this past season.

Just clarifying for some of the readers (for a moment, I thought I had missed a basketball game or something!) that it was the UAlbany LAX game (as opposed to hoops) on ESPNU that day featuring our LAX matchup against Hopkins (2.24.07). That day in late February was a pretty good day in Dane Land!

"Just clarifying for some of the readers (for a moment, I thought I had missed a basketball game or something!) that it was the UAlbany LAX game (as opposed to hoops) on ESPNU that day featuring our LAX matchup against Hopkins (2.24.07). That day in late February was a pretty good day in Dane Land! "

Yes, my count if I didn't miss any games was 3 lacrosse games on the ESPN channels, 2 baseball games on CSTV plus 2 basketball games on the ESPN and 1 on CBS. But of coarse (as any Siena fan would point out) UA only got 5 of those games in the 3 sports on TV because they were good enough to make the NCAA tournament. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived