UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: Siena transfer

How quickly we've come full circle. Only a month or two ago they were ripping apart our coach and our program because 3 kids were not returning. Only one, Ross could be considered a somewhat of an uncomfortable split and we've never gotten the programs side of the story. Yocum and Knight wanted to play and would probably get very limited minutes here. Our coaching staff and program was slandered as one that runs off it's student athletes and that Coach Brown is a poor recruiter etc. But when it happens over there it's a win/win. The hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

Obviously some of them didn't trow judgment around but the more vocal one did and are now defending this defection at Siena. KnickSaint being chief spinner on this one. The dust hasn't even settled yet but KnickSaint thinks "Braga's departure will accelerate one scholarship for the 2008-09 recruiting year to 2007-08, meaning there will be two to give each of the next two years. If I were a betting man, my money would be on a big wing who can shoot, among other things, and an inside player."

bosi - you're right.

If Braga was at UA the Siena fanatics would definitely say he was run out of the program. Now it's July and he's just deciding to leave or was the pressure on him to leave just too much for him to handle.

Last year Beers struggled academically or was in the Coach's "Dog House" and was suspended for his own benefit and then reinstated for the stretch run. Hey one of their All Stars from the year before last is still over a semester away from graduating but he was damn good so McCaffrey had a different standard, there was no consideration of suspending him from the team.

All of it could be explained away well by the Aint fans but it is what it is.

Each to their own

Unless they needed the scholarship for an incoming transfer I don't see how much an open scholarship in July would help them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not to perpetuate a message board rumor (OK, I guess I am) but the Raffa to prep school thing actually makes sense if it's true especially in light of the Josh Martin signing. Raffa could come in 08 and that would be our other commitment in addition to Chauncey Gilliam.

Unless they needed the scholarship for an incoming transfer I don't see how much an open scholarship in July would help them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not to perpetuate a message board rumor (OK, I guess I am) but the Raffa to prep school thing actually makes sense if it's true especially in light of the Josh Martin signing. Raffa could come in 08 and that would be our other commitment in addition to Chauncey Gilliam.

DP,

I agree, coach Brown has posted in his blog that he has two incoming recruits already lined up and is only looking to add one more, replacement for Brent. It certainly makes sense!

As KS eloquently put, next year instead of having only one scholy to hand out Fran now has two. He wasn't gonna help them anyways so who needs him :rolleyes: ! The fact remains, it's July and only now he decides to leave? Or did Fran strike "gold" in the July recruitment period and needs a scholy for season after this. I am fully aware that I'm doing exactly what they did to our coaching staff and program! But IMO it's not some huge leap of logic.... :blush: Since judging by their comments over the last two month's.....it passes for fact!

Archived