UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Annual Princeton Review bashing

GreatDanes06

for s'ship, every silver lining has a cloud.

If we got treated half as good as Buffalo, this wouldn't be a problem. Instead, we get all of the crap Bing and Buffalo deserve for no reason.

We should have a non-conference game against Buffalo, their being in the MAC shouldn't mean some rivalry against who should be our REAL rivals. UA is closer to Buffalo than Bing or Stony, we should be out to grab the Bull by the horns.

Get over it, it's something we have no or little control over.

What impact do these rags that rate the college have - zippo!!!!

Applications are up and the percentage admitted is down. I don't see an adverse affect on UA.

Clear areas of tremendous growth are Nano Tech and The Honors College as well as numerous others.

Athletics have brought the university much national attention.

We should be happy at the direction the University is moving.

Just go back 10 years in your memory and most of us could not have imagined the increased visibility or current growth at UA.

UA is closer to Buffalo than Bing or Stony, we should be out to grab the Bull by the horns.

Albany to Vestal - 142 miles

"" "" Stony Brook - 205

"" "" Buffalo - 285

In size and athletics, also closer to Bing and SBU. I don't think Buffalo plays them much, either.

for s'ship, every silver lining has a cloud.

If we got treated half as good as Buffalo, this wouldn't be a problem. Instead, we get all of the crap Bing and Buffalo deserve for no reason.

We should have a non-conference game against Buffalo, their being in the MAC shouldn't mean some rivalry against who should be our REAL rivals. UA is closer to Buffalo than Bing or Stony, we should be out to grab the Bull by the horns.

Take a breather from your near-rage that's been building up for some unknown reason. And again, if you're gonna show your frustration and pessimism, at least use correct information in your posts.

UAlbany to Binghamton - 2hrs

UAlbany to Stony Brook - 3.5hrs (at least officially, I would assume traffic adds some time)

UAlbany to Buffalo - 4.5hrs

I'm not sure what map you were looking at that told you "UA is closer to Buffalo than Bing or Stony," but I suggest getting an updated version before you use that info to show your displeasure/dislike for our university.

hate to be a post whore, but this article is in today's TU.

UA's Project Renaissance receives critical review by outside evaluators

Minimum journalism standards would require identification of who the 'outside evaluators' are, and their history regarding their attitudes toward public universities, liberals, etc.

Bravo to the mayor...show them who is boss...

and a side note - I am a graduate of the PR program, and that program did more for my college career then anything. It allowed me to get general ed requirements taken care of so I can focus on my true passion. I graduated with TWO minors and a full History BA and now am a M.S.S.E. student in Social Studies (HERE IS A SIDE NOTE - LOOK AT THE REQUIREMENTS TO GET INTO THE M.S.S.E. PROGRAM...IT ISN'T EASY!). I graduated SUMM CUM LADE with a nearly perfect GPA (which would have been just the same without the Project Ren classes put into my GPA). And finally, that program allowed me to interact and become involved in more ways then anything else on this campus. It gave me the foundation and the courage to go out at participate in areas around the university (YOU WANT ME TO LIST THE PROGRAMS THAT APPARENTLY I WASN'T SUPPOSE TO JOIN BASED ON THIS EVALUATION?)

PR program takes up 4 classes, I REPEAT FOUR CLASSES OF YOUR GPA, out of which the avg student who takes the 15 credits (5 classes per semester) takes 40 classes before he/she graduates. If you go on taking the minimum 12 credits per semester, that is 32 classes they take before they graduate. So don't give me that it can drastically effect one's GPA. I graduated taking nearly 50 classes before finishing my undergrad work, AND STILL HAD TIME TO TRAVEL AND BROADCAST SPORTING EVENTS FOR THIS SCHOOL.

So frankly, those evaluators can kiss my Purple and Gold you know what. (sorry if that offends anyone!) I TAKE IT VERY PERSONAL WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO DEGRADE/DOWNGRADE SOMETHING I WORKED SOOOO HARD FOR TO ACCOMPLISH AND THAT ONLY 2 OTHER PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY HAVE EVER RECEIVED.

Archived