UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Montana Game Thread and Predictions

Well it is Grizzley week and instead of being 2-1 we are 1-2. That Colgate game is going to haunt us in the first qtr of the season.

Thoughts on Hofstra:

I believe w/o a special teams gaff...AGAIN this was a competitive ball game. I like that Ford/Rossomundo opened up the passing game, I realize they did it out od desperation being down 2 scores when time was becoming a factor. I would think they have confidence and will open up the flood gates this week and let him start throwing. That would catch UM off balance. Our D played well against the run and pressured their qb. I continue to lead and be president the Esposito fan club...INT's and all. I think he is going to be special going forward. He is getting BIGTIME game experience against brutal competition and I believbe will dominate in NEC play! I am disappointed in our inconsisten O-line play although they pass protect well. Yes Hofstra was fast and athletic but either the holes are not there or our backs are to slow to hit them. I have not seen them in action in person so I can't tell. Hofstra is a middle of the pack CAA team and we should of played better.

Montana:

Quite simply the best team UA has ever played to this point. Delaware was good but this is another level from there. UM would put Hofstra over it's knee and spank them till they say Uncle! We do match up well size wise but we will be smaller. I am sure we will be slower. This is a great game for all involved and I don't mean the 23K they get although that will be great for our kids to be exposed to(I wish we had a game like this when I played...on JV we played West Point at Miche which is the only comparable setting). Everyone else they play after this game will be going in slow motion and thats a good thing. I believe our kids will fight with everything they have and keep it close. I fear their athleticism will be the difference not their size. if we can get to halftime and have it be close I think we will have a great showing. To win we will need to take chances(passing more/gadget plays...they have not seen our fle flicker yet) and have every break go our way and finally put together a perfect game. This far from the US playing Russia in 1980, this could happen. Just look to Appy at Michigan.

Good Luck UA

Looks like they'll have a video feed online through Big Sky TV. You have to sign up and there is a charge.

I agree with Ruler about Espositio, he made some nice throws on the run last week. Doesn't it seem like we should refer to him as Vinny?

Yes...I think he has earned first name (ala Brazilia) status. VINNY!!!!

I like what I am seeing from this kid!

Looks like they'll have a video feed online through Big Sky TV. You have to sign up and there is a charge.

I agree with Ruler about Espositio, he made some nice throws on the run last week. Doesn't it seem like we should refer to him as Vinny?

you might want to talk to folks over on http://www.eGriz.com or one of the other Big Sky team sites with regard to BIG SKY TV, many haven't been to happy with their service, just a note to the wise.

as far as our O line, i'm hopeing this game answers some concerns with regard to picking up the blitz and our pass defense.

again, here is a link to MontanaGrizzlies.com's broadcast information:

Broadcast Information

For those with a satellite dish:

Montana - Albany satellite coordinates

By the Staff of the UM Sports Information Department, Monday, 09/17/2007

http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/m...max=1&-find

Coordinates:

Galaxy 16 / K19 | slot d-9mhz | DL freQ: 12093.5 H | SR: 6.148936 | FEC: 3/4

Can this game be seen on Direct TV?

sorry, no, not to my knowledge. KPAX, a local station will tape delay the game til 10:30 p.m. MST locally.

the BIG SKY Internet broadcast (mentioned above) is in real time, not tape delayed.

the satelite feed (also mentioned above) is in real time.

Archived