UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Field Hockey ranked #17 in nation

UAlbany Field Hockey Ranked #17 on STX/NFHCA Division I National Coaches Poll

11-3 overall, 3-0 America East

Despite two wins this past week, the UAlbany field hockey team dropped down one position, ranking #17 in the STX/NFHCA Division I National Coaches Poll.

Let's show some support for another Nationally ranked UAlbany program.

Other ranked teams:

-Louisville moved up 3 positions to #14, passing UAlbany, despite UAlbany winning both games played this past week.

-American University dropped one position to #16, despite going 1-0 this past week.

-Boston University moved up one position to #13, despite going 1-1 this past week.

-Boston College dropped only two postions to #12, despite going 0-2 this past week.

-Duke University moved up one position to #11, despite going 0-1 this past week.

The UAlbany field hockey team could be ranked at least near the top ten.

It's a coaches poll, and they don't pay enough attention to details in this case.

It's nice to have two UAlbany programs highly ranked, as UAlbany lacrosse was ranked #4 in the final poll of the year.

Athletic director Dr. McElroy informed me that before the start of this coming UAlbany lacrosse season, there will be

3,000 seats set up. Last year's NCAA tournament game at UAlbany had lots of fans, and very little seating. We need

to get things moving with this 2010 plan.

Field Hockey: 2007 STX/NFHCA Division I National Coaches Poll

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 Jennifer Goodrich, Executive Director of NFHCA Field Hockey

1. University of North Carolina (16-0) 867 (31)

2. University of Maryland (16-0) 849 (13)

3. Wake Forest University (9-4) 755

4. University of Michigan (11-4) 709

5. University of Iowa (12-2) 701

6. University of Connecticut (14-2) 663

7. Michigan State University (12-4) 581

8. James Madison University (13-2) 578

9. Penn State University (10-5) 529

10. Duke University (9-6) 441

11. Old Dominion University (8-7) 415

12. Boston College (10-5) 373

13. University of Louisville (11-5) 330

14. Boston University (12-4) 304

15. Ohio University (12-4) 221

16. University at Albany (12-3) 215

17. American University (11-4) 210

18. Syracuse University (12-4) 118

19. University of Virginia (8-7) 106

20. Princeton University (8-4) 86

Also Receiving Votes: Villanova University (49), Temple University (31), Providence College (30),University of California, Berkeley (28), Indiana University (18), Drexel University (6), Northeastern University (6), Stanford University (4), University of Vermont (4), Virginia Commonwealth University (4), Rutgers University (3), Ohio State University (2), Columbia University (1), Kent State University (1), Siena College (1),College of William & Mary (1).

Huge game at # 12 BU this saturday.

#16 UAlbany vs. #14 BU

Saturday October 20 1pm

Played at: Jack Barry Field (MIT)

With a win, this game will ultimately claim the regular season championship for UAlbany.

America East Field Hockey standings:

http://www.americaeast.com/SportSelect.dbm...DB_OEM_ID=14000

Played at: Jack Barry Field (MIT)

Good story by Bob Weiner in today's Gazette about the FH team makeup - ten Pennsylvanians and internationals from England, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.

Sykes: "We are a much more well-rounded and balanced team than last year". More experience. Ice-hockey style use shifts that come in and out in 10- to 12-minute spans. Deep bench. Only 2 seniors on an 18-player squad.

"Recruiting in New York is a little challenging. There are plenty of good players, but we're competing with Syracuse for all the top players. If that player is really good, she usually goes to UConn or Maryland...Instead of trying to get those kinds of kids from NY, we're looking elsewhere."

"Every weekend in my first two years, I was all over the place, flying out of the country looking for players. We've had a bit of success lately, and people are starting to come to us"

I know the team is going to win the AE Tournament, but if they don't, I think we maybe looking at an at-large spot

This Friday they play Vermont in the Semi final... when Vermont played us at UAlbany this year, we beat them 1-0... Vermont had alot of fans at the game. Far more than we had. Let's hope UAlbany fans will go to Boston.

Archived