UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I love Coach Sheffield.

Hahahahahahah..........

Sheffield thoughtfully provided bulletin board material.

"When I walked in here I thought there was kind of a jealousy (of) that entire athletic department," said Sheffield, who was hired in July 2001. "But ... I think head-to-head (in all sports) we've won three times as many as they have over the past five years. I don't know if that's something that most of the community knows.

"I think right now the only two sports that they're kind of getting us in are the two basketballs. In men's basketball they've won the battles but they've kind of, to borrow a term, they've lost the war as far as if the goal is to go to the NCAA Tournament.

"I'm not sure if there's two coaches in this athletic department that would trade places with anything that's going on over there. That's not to put their athletic department down. I think more of it shows what kind of excitement is going on here."

(In head-to-head competition UAlbany is 36-14-2 vs. Siena since January 2003, not including the sports of cross country, track and field and golf, which rarely compete in dual meets.)

God I wish Siena still had a football team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go COACH SHEFFIELD!!

I sure hope we get a lot of our fans in the stands today!!

UA defeats Siena in a 5-game match! UA came from behind 0-2 to take the next three games. Scores are: 27-30, 23-30, 31-29, 31-29, and 15-8. Way to come from behind! Congratulations, Lady Danes!

Sheffield thoughtfully provided bulletin board material.

"When I walked in here I thought there was kind of a jealousy (of) that entire athletic department," said Sheffield, who was hired in July 2001. "But ... I think head-to-head (in all sports) we've won three times as many as they have over the past five years. I don't know if that's something that most of the community knows.

(In head-to-head competition UAlbany is 36-14-2 vs. Siena since January 2003, not including the sports of cross country, track and field and golf, which rarely compete in dual meets.)

Most in the community may not know, but we do!

That was a great quote and I agree with him that it's more about what's happened at Albany more than over there. Credit to Ettkin also for doing a column on the game, especially with NFL, MLB playoffs going on. Great to see that.

I guess that makes it 37-14-2. Anybody want to start a spreadsheet for UAlbany-Siena matchups? I have a couple of nice spreadsheets for the basketball recruiting and the basketball RPI. With a little server space, and a couple of more ideas, we could host a pretty nice database....

Archived