UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

thanks to everyone for the pregame fun. Little colder then I wanted it to be. Sorry I had to bolt, but not being 100% for part of the week and a headache for part of the game, i can't afford to be getting sick (you all probably understand....hence why only the two beers the entire time). Big ups for the Bobs...you truly make going to a game fun...thanks a million

wow...took them to the woodshed...MCarty, what can you say. 3 TD's and 228 total yard, rushing for 167 yards. He now has 900+ yards rushing. Only bad thing was the penalties, but you can't get to upset.

The Danes were very methodical throughout the day. It particularly showed on their first two drives of the second half, albeit the second one ended on a failed fourth and one at the Robert Morris 6. Pass protection was a strength early in the season in games I saw but was a weakness yesterday, but the O-line did open some huge holes on running plays (curiously, that was a weak point early in the season). Pass defense still seems to be the biggest concern, but frankly, though we give up big yards in passing, they don't seem to result in a lot of points for the opposition. All in all, we seem to be in control of all the league games played thus far.

Interesting observation. As I watched the Robert Morris team leave the field at the end of the game, I was struck by the number of seemingly out-of-shape players, i.e. lots of dunlop. They were linemen of course. The contrast with our more sleak larger players was pretty obvious. It just surprised me that a former NFL coach would not have players in better condition.

Very nice game yesterday. I had a halftime trip to the concession stand was VERY interesting! I was amid about 10 Robert Moprris parents who were very dispondent & were really working over their "Clueless Joe" Walton. Our family has been involved in sports for 3 generations as players, coaches & just plain parents, so I know parental grousing is something that occurs all the time. But these folks gave an eye-opening impression of a former NFL coach who was described as having lost touch with the game, and one who pays little attention to the insight & suggestions of his coaching staff and was accused of living off past glory. "Good Lord!," they whined. "He doesn't even wear a headset to hear what the booth has to say."

I came away with a warm cheese dog & a renewed appreciation for Bob Ford and his staff's preparedness, insight & overall skill with how they contunually prepare the Great Danes for games on the gridiron and for life afterward. You'll see my big smile, as the Football team repeats that win as often as the cheese dog repeated on me!! lol

Have a great week folks!

Glad to see a big Danes win to fulfill my prediction.

I was in Chicago for business and didn't get to make the game, but I love a big score and a big game from McCarty.

On another note....good to know that Fordham beat Holy Cross to win a share of the Patriot League title and guarantee the Auto-Bid to the playoffs. Fordham is undefeated in conference play and only has two loses...us and Dayton.

Montana also won the Big Sky yesterday and is still unbeaten.

Hofstra is fighting for their life in the CAA and pretty much must win out to get an at-large.

I love this team we have here, but on the whole I can get the pain of the Colgate loss out of my head. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh! Without that loss we might get consideration for an at-large. Now, not even on the table.....

Archived