UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Notes from the St. John's Scrimmage

Just to make it clear no one involved in scrimmage can talk about it and I wasn't there. I didn't talk to any of the coaches, players, timekeepers, cheerleaders or SJU fans and don't even know where the scrimmage was held. Even so, here's what I imagine happened yesterday at the scrimmage:

Early in the second quarter of the scrimmage Tim Ambrose made a steal and fast break. He took off from just beyond the halfcourt circle and while in midair he spun three times, twirled the ball on the end of his finger and drank some gatorade before throwing down an amazing two handed dunk. Unfortunetly he also ripped the rim out of the backboard and the rest of the scrimmage had to be played halfcourt.

Just after that Josh Martin and Iati hit back-to-back to back-to-back to back-to-back to back-to-back to back-to-back threes which scorched the nets and precipated them being changed. While they waited for the nets to be changed, SJU Coach Norm Roberts told Will Brown that he would pull his team off the floor if Albany played Al Turley and Brett Gifford at the same time because as Roberts said, "no team deserves that kind of punishment." Despite the warning, Albany accidently substituted Turley for Brent Wilson at which point Roberts, true to his word, pulled his SJU team which had to failed to score a single point or get a rebound.

Having failed to have a full scrimmage the Danes then went over the MSG where they scrimmaged the Knicks whom they beat by 35.

Archived