UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Men's team picked #2

Interesting to see that we were 1 vote shy of being the preseason favorite to win the Conference. Boston got 5 votes for the top spot, while we got 4 votes.

As to first-place votes, assuming the rule mandating that you can't vote for yourself is still in play, Boston necessarily got Coach Brown's vote, and we necessarily got Boston University's Coach's vote.

Should be some great battles this year with BU (and the conference in general). Wasn't it at the America East Tournament earlier this year -- and during the Boston University semi-final game in particular -- where announcers (or maybe the fans) discussed how our offense seemed to be better (at least during the Boston Univ. game) with Brian Con. out on the floor (with the ball and offense moving through his hands) rotating/moving around but focussing on his presence up top beyond the 3-point line where he could pass and/or dribble? Perhaps he matched up well with someone in that game ... just a random Boston University thought I had that might trigger someone else's better memory.

IMO, 2nd is about right. I could even see 3rd behind UVM. For this team, they need to get better, find scorers and a good rotation by the time of the tournament.

Also, Lunardi picks whoever is in first place from the one bid conferences - that's why e had UVM most of last year.

IMO, 2nd is about right. I could even see 3rd behind UVM. For this team, they need to get better, find scorers and a good rotation by the time of the tournament.

Also, Lunardi picks whoever is in first place from the one bid conferences - that's why e had UVM most of last year.

Permanent slave to the temporary RPI.

He's too fearful to do anything else.

As to first-place votes, assuming the rule mandating that you can't vote for yourself is still in play, Boston necessarily got Coach Brown's vote, and we necessarily got Boston University's Coach's vote.

I believe that rule is still in play and I think it is good to not ask coaches to rank their own teams. If you add up the point totals of all the teams it is 324 which corresponds to and 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 scoring system.

A little bit off-topic, but I noticed that Vermont has a reasonably challenging schedule, including a game against Florida:

Fri 9 at George Mason

Sun 11 at Virginia

Sun 18 at Loyola, Md.

Tue 20 at New Jersey Institute of Technology

Sat 24 TOWSON

Tue 27 at Dartmouth

Fri 30 vs. Florida (in Tampa)

December Sat 8 at Yale 2:00pm

Sun 16 at Harvard

Wed 19 DELAWARE

Sat 22 QUINNIPIAC

Sun 30 CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE

Notable Opponents for Other AE Teams:

Stonybrook, in addition to playing Villanova this weekend, gets a tough Cornell team (picked to win the IVY this year), and plays at Kentucky.

Binghamton has one of the weakest OOC schedules that I saw for an America East team. Binghamton doesn't play any team from a power conference, unlike every other America East team. Bingo's toughest opponents are probably Fordham, Akron, Colgate, and George Washington.

BU plays George Washington, Pitt., and UMASS, among others.

UMBC plays at Ohio State, West Va., and Witchita State, among others.

UNH's only notable opponent, in my view, is Boston College.

Hartford plays Virginia, BYU, and Villanova, among others.

Maine plays Florida State, UCONN, and Providence, among others.

Archived