UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lindfors Watch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake goes for 36

Driscoll 76, Walther Lutheran 74

By Brian Pitts | Daily Herald CorrespondentContact writerPublished: 12/22/2007 12:23 AMSend :

Matt Kaban was in the right place at the right time for Driscoll in Friday's boys basketball game against Walther Lutheran.

With the score tied and the final seconds clicking off, the 6-foot-7 junior forward crashed the offensive glass and put back a missed shot as time expired, lifting the host Highlanders to a thrilling 76-74 nonconference victory over the Broncos in Addison.

"We drew it up on the sideline," Kaban said. "The play was to go to Jake (Lindfors), but he was covered. Dave (Schwabe) took the shot and I was there to put it in."

Kaban finished with 21 points while 6-10 Lindfors, who is committed to Division I Albany, poured in a game-high 36 points including 16 in the fourth quarter. Size was a decisive factor for Driscoll (8-2). While Walther Lutheran had an advantage with its quickness up and down the court, the Broncos had no answer for this dynamic frontcourt duo.

That advantage was especially apparent in the first half when Kaban and Lindfors combined for 27 of the Highlanders' 35 points.

"They really couldn't match up with us," Lindfors said. "Every time we went inside, we scored a lot. When we extended our lead, it is because we went inside."

"They have some big guys who are real skilled," said Walther Lutheran coach Bob Koehne. "We knew we had to shut them down. They were able to take advantage. One of their big guys was there at the end. That was disappointing to us."

The Broncos (5-3) did show a lot of fight. In the third quarter Driscoll surged ahead by 9 points, but Walther Lutheran reeled off 15 unanswered points for a 52-46 lead with 2:08 to play in the frame. Chris Thompson scored 6 of his team-high 23 points. Cedric Collins, who scored 14 points for the game, hit a couple of key jump shots including a 3-pointer.

In the fourth quarter, it was the Highlanders' turn to make a big surge. Lindfors went on a tear. After a block by Kaban, the senior capped a 13-0 run with a thundering dunk that gave the hosts a 68-57 advantage with 4:32 to play in the battle. He had 9 points during that spurt.

Also key during that stretch was the aggressive play by Schwabe, who had a couple of steals and finished the layups strong. The senior guard tallied 13 points.

Down the stretch, the teams traded buckets. Two free throws by Lindfors with 26.5 seconds gave Driscoll at 74-72 lead, but Thompson tied it with an offensive board putback.

The Highlanders got it back and called timeout with 8.1 seconds left. Kaban then put an end to a very entertaining game when he elevated to the get the ball.

"Matt did a real good of getting to the glass," said Driscoll coach Nick Latorre. "We did a good job hitting the offensive glass."

Nice update. From a recruiting and a name recognition standpoint it's great to see that in the stories about Aronhalt, Raffa and Lindfors the fact that they're an Albany signee is mentioned. I know it's not much but over time that's gotta help get your name out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get this up to date; Lindfors for 30: (Should be game #13)

Peoria Christian 81, Driscoll 74: Junior guard Billy Molinari scored 19 points in the three overtime periods, giving him 31 for the game, as No. 2 seed Peoria Christian outlasted No. 3 Addison Driscoll in the first small-school bracket semifinal.

The triple-overtime contest tied for the longest game in tournament history.

“I can’t remember playing in a game crazier than that,” Molinari said. “In regulation and the first overtime, we had our backs against the wall toward the end both times and fought through. By the third one, we were like, ‘Let’s not get our backs against the wall. Let’s put them against the wall.’”

The Chargers (10-1) got a 3-pointer from Jay Hauter with 49 seconds left in regulation to tie it at 50-all. They overcame a six-point deficit in the first OT on two 3s by Molinari, the second coming with 5.4 seconds left. A 3-pointer by Driscoll’s Kevin Bain with 16 seconds left in the second OT forced the third extra period.

Two driving baskets by Molinari in the third OT gave the Chargers a 73-69 lead and they pulled away from there.

“Billy stepped up big,” Peoria Christian coach Jay Bruer said. “That’s a really good team. You’re never satisfied with losing, but at one point I remember thinking, ‘This is just a great game to be involved with.’ Unfortunately, somebody had to go away without the victory. I’m glad we got it.”

Jake Lindfors, a 6-10 Albany recruit, had 30 points for Driscoll before fouling out late in the third OT. Six-five guard Austin Baker added 19 for the Highlanders, who played without senior guard David Schwabe because of an ankle injury.

Regarding the tournament where Lindfor's team lost in triple overtime:

Garriott, Norton and Molinari made the small-school bracket all-tournament team. They were joined by Hartsburg-Emden’s Dakin Bolen, Addison Driscoll’s Jake Lindfors and IVC’s Jordan Parr.

El Paso-Gridley; Lindfors for 36 (Game #11)

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/12...1f725941617.txt

“I thought defensively, for the most part, we did pretty well. Lindfors is a special talent, and he’s going to get his points,” said EPG coach Brian Quam. “We did not want someone else to beat us. Unfortunately, he almost beat us by himself.”

Game #15, another 23 for Lindfors:

One of the major problems Marian had was trying to stop 6-foot-10 forward Jake Lindfors. With a 7-inch height advantage over the tallest Marian player, Lindfors dominated inside, scoring a game-high 23 points.

“That’s one good thing about my game is that I have the ability to take someone outside and hit a shot, but can also take them down low and post up,” Lindfors said. “I was down a bit in the first half, not hitting my shot, but I was able to get down low and get some rebounds and my team really picked me up.”

Game #15 Article

Archived